“A Taste of Italy”
Review of Pizzeria Sassano

Pizzeria Sassano
Description: We are a chef owned restaurant using the freshest and highest quality ingredients. In addition to our hand-stretched specialty pies we offer authentic pastas and panini. Come in and taste a slice of Italy. Ciao!
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

When visiting my daughter and her family, this is my new favorite restaurant in South Glastonbury. We went for dinner on a recent Saturday evening. The restaurant is small and does a large takeout business, mainly pizzas. We enjoyed dinners of spaghetti and meatballs balls, fettuccine Alfredo with peas and pancetta, a chicken panini, a chicken pasta dish and a sausage pasta dish. Portions were large, piping hot and delicious! Made us feel like we had returned to Italy. Service was friendly. There were only 2 waitresses serving and they had their hands fulls. The wait was worth it and they were attentive and friendly throughout the meal. This is a hidden gem in South Glastonbury! Highly recommend!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I don't eat a lot of pizza so I had panini each time I've been here. I'm also a huge fan of fresh mozzarella so this is the place to get that panini for me.
I have not dined in, I get my food to take away. This restaurant is smallish so I recommend either coming early if eating there or ordering ahead of when you want to eat since you will have to wait to get your order. That said, when I call in, they don't say 20 minutes and its really 30. If its 45, they will tell you up front so no problem. I will try something besides panini next time I'm there even so I have tried them all and they are all very good.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Bugfast
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Love this place. It’s how I like to make pasta. Only time i’ve Said that about a restaurant was in Cortina and Florence. Sassano’s pasta Is better than West Hartford’sTreva at half the price, yet it is a family pizza spot that serves gourmet food. They source out their ingredients, using local organic and fresh.

Bravo!

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank jimrock914
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Upon my sister's recommendation, my husband and I visited Pizzeria Sassano for the first time two weeks ago for dinner. We each ordered a pasta dish. I had the vegetarian version of Pasta Verdura with delicious grilled asparagus and my husband had a pasta special with Italian sausage and chicken. Both dishes were excellent as was the side Caesar salad. I loved the farm photos up on the walls. The server was very attentive and polite. The restaurant is BYOB, small in size and rather noisy. Prices seemed reasonable. We were very impressed with the restaurant and look forward to going back very soon.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We had delicious pizza from here in June when visiting our daughter. We returned tonight for take out and we were glad we did. We ordered Anna's meatballs, Eggplant Parmesan ciabatta served with pasta salad, Penne A La Vodka and Spaghetti and meatballs with Sunday sauce. Everything was excellent, hot and delicious! We felt like we were back in Italy. What a great find in this area. Check it out. You will not be disappointed. Loved it!

Date of visit: August 2017