“We all scream for ice cream!”
Review of J Foster Ice Cream

J Foster Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Simsbury
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I usually search for an ice cream treat when traveling. J Foster's was just the place. Small place, but lots of space outside to enjoy the weather, the people, and a special variety of flavors.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Went on a very hot day, basically b/c we were shopping in the area and we wanted a cool treat. The prices are expensive compared to other places that have homemade ice cream. I had 1 flavor, my daughter 2 flavors in 1 cup. Tasted like they start with the same blah base (not even a vanilla flavor was detected) with various things tossed in to create the different flavors. The key lime flavor should be a light green, but nope, white like the others.
The flavor overall was nothing special, and the cost was high. And the parking is tight, with a small cliff on 1 corner (yes, that's the only spot that was open when we drove in...) with no markings for protection.
Friendly staff, clean store area but where the tables are was not kept clean. We sat at the cleanest table; it had dried drips from past visitors.
Simply put, won't be back :-(

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This may be the best ice cream that I've ever had. My wife and I tried the Nutella one, pistachio as well as the regular chocolate one. It was really good stuff and we strongly recommend to try it!

Reviewed 19 June 2016

J Fosters has great ice cream! They have a lot of flavor options and friendly staff. My personal flavor is the cookie monster. Definitely recommend coming to try their ice cream.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

I hadn't been to J Foster in several years, so decided to give it a try again. It's a tiny place with cramped parking, and the setup inside is difficult to discern where the line really is going. We were served fairly quickly, there were many people in front of us in line. We had cashew caramel and a chocolate flavor (can't recall which one). The cashew caramel didn't have much caramel flavor at all, it really tasted like vanilla ice cream with cashews. It was creamy, but just wasn't living up to it's name. The chocolate was good, but nothing special to rave about.

The location was convenient for where we were this night, but can't say we will be back. There are other local ice cream spots that we like a lot more.