“Knocked it Out of the Park”
Review of Amore

Amore
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Sherman
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Wow! We had not been to Amore for almost two years, for no other reason than we travel a lot and divide time between Connecticut and Florida. Turns out: so do the owners of Amore. They have a restaurant inside The Ambassador Hotel in South Palm Beach. We have always had great experiences here, but tonight’s was our very best. They all—from our server to the owner to the chef—knocked it out of the park.

I enjoyed a glass of the house Cabernet; it was a generous serving and very good. My husband ordered the beet salad; served with fresh watermelon slices, it was a refreshing summertime treat. I ordered the Grilled Caesar Salad; it was superb! It’s a large serving, very comfortably feeding two. Hubby ordered pasta with marinara and meatballs. He enjoyed it very much, as he had a hankering for beef and was super hungry. I ordered the Grilled Bronzino and mussels; here’s where the chef gets my applause. I couldn’t decide between the mussels and the Bronzino, and the owner suggested I get both at the chef’s discretion as to serving size. My oh my. It was absolutely scrumptious! A large, perfectly grilled filet (you could taste the fire) was surrounded by mussels on both sides. Cooked in a white wine garlic sauce, they were so tasty. A medley of sautéed broccoli, green beans and cauliflower, along with perfectly roasted new potatoes accompanied. We were so satisfied, we didn’t want anything to disturb the meal. But we succumbed to New York style cheesecake with two forks. Delish!

I cannot say enough good things about Amore. We had an absolutely delightful experience and will be back again and again. MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Amore is the best (and only!) dinner restaurant in our little town of Sherman, CT. Excellent pizzas, pastas and salads. Run by an Italian family and the atmosphere is very casual. Very few tourists come here so it is all locals who come to Amore regularly.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is a terrific small restaurant in the small, out of the way, town of Sherman. Nice on a Sunday night. Food is always consistently good and the portions are enough to take home for the next day. We love this place and come as often as we can.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 4 January 2018

The food isn’t good and the prices are high. The restaurant is small and the food wasn’t
Good . I wouldn’t recommend it.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank dadsbug
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Amore is a quaint Italian restaurant in the center of a quaint New England town! With a varied menu and a family that shares its love of Italian cuisine, this is a great place to spend an evening!

Date of visit: June 2017