“Great seafood so that means it's also pricey ”

Rowayton Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Rowayton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

There are 2 components to this... we did not eat in the actual restaurant. There is a smaller building behind that is the market however you can order some food there and at outside overlooking the water. This is what we did. The food was amazing and yes a little expensive. You want fresh, you pay for fresh. You can get a drink at the bar in the restaurant and bring it out to the outside seating area. There is no wait staff out there but we prefer the casual outdoor atmosphere. The restaurant was more fancy. Will definitely go back. The calamari fries are like nothing I've had anywhere!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had a wonderful anniversary dinner out on the patio. The food, service and weather were all good.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I have heard roaring reviews about this place and finally went to go check it out for myself. While I spent $25 on a root beer and cold lobster roll I'd do it all over again. It was the best lobster roll I have ever had. The mayo lemon ratio on the lobster was perfection and there was so much lobster on the roll it was falling out. Be careful you don't drop any on the ground because that would be a sad day. The lobster chunks were huge and the cole slaw that came with it was amazing as well. My friends and I got the fried shrimp as well and OH MAN they were worth every penny. Everyone left stuffed.

The only downside to this place is the parking. You have to valet your car because it's so tight. We went for lunch and I recommend going around 11:15 to get a spot and order before the chaos.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

This is one of our very favorite restaurants in the ares. Great variety of seafood on the menu, good wine list, wonderful service. Must have a reservation.

Jennifer G, Public Relations Manager at Rowayton Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thanks for the review!! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We live in Rowayton so a quick walk and we are there. It’s expensive $250 for four (no desert). I don’t mind paying that for great food but ask yourself if you care about how you are treated. If like me you think you should be seated within 10 mins of the time you booked not 45, and you expect your guests to be treated politely (we are quite reserved) then this one is not for you.

You can eat at any restaurant in CT for that money - suggest you do so.

Jennifer G, Public Relations Manager at Rowayton Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Debbie,
We would like to believe we offer both great food and great service! We are so sorry we fell short of this during your visit. We believe you were in last night and yes wait times were longer than we normally have. There was a bad accident on 95 and reservations were late in turn causing a delay in tables getting up by your reservation time. Our manager did try to compensate with complementary beverages and anything else that may have been needed. We do try to treat all guests politely and apologize if you feel as though you weren’t. We would hope that you would try us again. Also we would like to follow up with you if you’d like to call (203) 844-4488 and ask for our General Manager. Thank you.