“Great Mexican with a fantastic margarita”

On the Border Mexican Cafe
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Great place for a night out. The fajitas were great, but hands down my favorite part is the margaritas. Love the open space and easy going staff. I visit every time I’m in town.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This is a chain restaurant but it's quite good. Good guacamole & chips are served fresh and warm. Convenient to the super 8 (walk).

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My daughter and I were shopping in the area and decided to have a late lunch. We ate in the bar area with high chairs at table. I ordered hard taco's and my daughter ordered a mixed green salad with fresh chicken mixed. The food was fresh as well as delicious. The taco's were large, generous serving with beans and rice. All in all, the service was outstanding as well as the food.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

It was quite a lazy afternoon when we decided to go to this restaurant. It is right next to I-95 (Exit-24?).
We got the table and serves welcomed us nacho and salsa. It was good. We ordered border smart tomatillo enchiladas, fajita quesadillas empanadas, one chicken combo and the ultimate fajita with drinks.

Enchiladas were really good. The cheese they used was too good. Everyone loved their meal and we had a good time.
Recommended.

1  Thank sanju_222323
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I met some friends here for happy hour after work recently. There are happy hour drink and food specials at the bar or patio only.

The food menu is somewhat limited in choices but the prices are great and the food was tasty. I ordered 3 mini chicken tacos and they were really good. I liked that they held together till the last bite without falling apart. The 3 tacos were only $3!

I was originally planning to order a glass of wine but the happy hour specials only included beer or margaritas. The large beer was only $3 so I decided to get beer which was cold and they had many to chose from. I was surprised there was no wine specials for happy hour.

We had to wait a bit at the bar to flag down the bartender, not sure if it was just the night we went but they seemed to be a little short staffed for how busy the happy hour bar was.

Overall its a fun place for happy hour, good food at bargain prices. The parking lot is quite large and I had no problem finding a spot to park.

I did not eat an entire dinner meal here so this review is of the happy hour only. I definitely will come back again for lunch or dinner.