“Dakota:Great food nice staff wonderful Bison Burger”

Dakota of Rocky Hill
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Dakota Restaurant in Rocky Hill. Take a step into an era of rich traditions with an intriguing mix of history — Adirondack mountain lodge, the Old West, the Rockies, and the Great Plains. Our reputation is built on quality, consistency, service, and value. Our steaks are served juicy, hot and sizzling; the fish and seafood are ocean fresh; the extensive salad bar features locally grown produce; the Swedish homemade bread is hearty, and the mud pie is irresistible. Whether you’re looking to come in for a casual lunch or dinner, our award-winning​ Saturday and Sunday Brunch, to watch a game in our tavern, or host a special event in one of our private dining rooms, we’ve got you covered.
Reviewed 13 May 2016

Very high number of different meals, Salat and dish possibilities. Great "Trapper Athmosphere". Staff very correct but also firm and friendly.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Great food, get the "real" prime rib. It's Delicious. Good salad bar with lots of choices. The scallops are great also. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

It's been a while since we've been here, and I can say it's been way to long. Everything was just perfect. Every person in our group ordered a steak and we were all pleased, cooked to each persons personal favorite way. Service was outstanding. We will be going back!

Reviewed 6 May 2016

From steaks to salmon to ribs to fish - I've had it all and it's all been good. Large friendly bar area, warm dining rooms with fireplaces make it very enjoyable.

Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Thank you for noticing. Frankly, they don't build restaurants like this anymore.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

I went to dinner here with friends. While the service and the food is excellent, the drink prices are outrageous. Drinks actually cost more than the dinner did. I understand that restaurants make their money off of the bar, but I really don't think they should try and drive you into the poor house with the bar tab.
I had the filet and it was tender and cooked to perfection. I'm very particular about how my steak is cooked, but the waitress expressed my desires to the chef and the steak was marvelous. I also had the whipped sweet potatoes and vegetables. I will say, the Dakota has the best salad bar around. Anytime you can get beets and cottage cheese on the salad bar, you know you have hit the jackpot. There is never an empty container and the lettuce and spinach is crisp and fresh.
I will return here in the future for another fabulous meal, I just won't order from the bar.

Terri M, Owner at Dakota of Rocky Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Hi David, thank you for the shout out on food and service. As for drink prices, we really aren't trying to "make our money." You will not find a single drink at our restaurant that is out of line with any of the similar restaurants in our area.