“We'll be back!”

DeNovellis Family Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We were in Cromwell, CT for a two night stay and checked Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations. We went to DeNovellis one night with friends (made a reservation) and were all very pleased. Prompt, friendly service and ample selections, plus great taste of our four entrees made this a very positive experience. The 4 entrees were Chicken Parmesan, Linguini with clam sauce, Chicken Picatta, Mediterranean Shrimp and pasta. Two of us decided to return again this evening and were not disappointed. The hostess remembered us; the waitress, Norene, was as friendly, timely, helpful and efficient as could be. Our entrees tonight were Eggplant Parmesan (light, not heavily breaded, as described correctly by our server), and Veal Forte, a Veal Scallopini with sausage, cherry peppers, sun- dried tomatoes in a tomato sauce. The portions were huge, but delicious. If we had a refrigerator in our hotel we'd have taken the leftovers. Our meals came with salads (no charge for blue cheese crumbles), an assortment of breads with a plate of roasted peppers and slices of hard cheese. Entree prices were in the teens and twenties. We had 3 glasses of wine between us. Total of tonight's bill was $67.50 plus tax.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend & I went here for dinner . We started our night going into bar lounge for a cpl of drinks . While we waited for our 8pm reservations. The woman working the front came in promptly at 8 to seat us . We order the fried calamari as our appetizer. It was simply delicious & wasn’t over cooked or to much battered. We ordered more drinks & shortly after place dinner order . Our waitress& the entire staff are very intentive & friendly . My girlfriend ordered the seafood Cioppino & I ordered the Zappa de Mare . Both our dishes where absolutely delicious & flavorful . I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends & family or anyone else who my ask me .

Reviewed 24 January 2018

My husband,daughters and sons-in-law and I went out last Friday night. We asked for some changes in three of our dishes and were graciously accomodated. Everything was delicious and served promptly despite a very crowded restaurant. We have been to Denovellis several times and are never disappointed. We recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Never having been in this area of CT, we relied on 'google' and happened to be on Cromwell Ave. Didn't look like much from the front but once inside liked the black linen table cloths and white napkins. The place was FULL for 8 pm on a Friday - a lot of groups of 5 & 6 with plenty of wait staff attending. We had a special and an Italian item-both came out hot (plates were hot, too-we like that!) and each had a glass of J.Lohr. Food was very good, water glasses refilled. Only criticism was one salad had mostly romaine spines and not a lot of other greens. We were pleased and satisfied.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We went here on a Saturday night for our company holiday party. There was roughly 20 of us. The food keep coming out. The wait staff was awesome! You didn’t have to wait long for a refill of water or a beer. The food was so good. This was my first time there but won’t be my last!! Very satisfied