All reviews whole grain ridgefield playhouse comfortable bed nice stay nice indian restaurant sofa channels microwave
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The room was filled with mold, the doors and windows would not lock properly. The light fixtures were missing. The sprinkler system fell on my head.When I brought my concerns to the attention of the staff several racially driven claims were made towards myself and my guests. The experience was unsettling and disappointing to say the least. We checked out immediately and booked a hotel stay at the holiday inn. It was a pleasant change of scenery and service. The staff and grounds at the holiday inn in Danbury were awesome. If you value your comfort and amenities DO NOT Book a hotel stay here

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank laverngunn7
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

laverngunn7,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the hotel your guest room at that time. This is certainly not the kind of experience we would like for our valued guests to have. We wish you would have informed the front desk staff regarding this matter, so we can transfer you in a room that suits your comfort. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Almost passed this by due to the not-so-good Reviews...SO glad we didn't. Our room was immaculate, sleek, quiet & very, very comfortable. NEW---bedding, coffee maker, microwave, furnishings & carpet. It seems as though a ton of work was put into revamping this hotel. Every employee we came across was extremely friendly & nice. Truck parking is in shared lot ( plenty of room) & also across the street on an access road where...a food Truck is parked selling GREAT burgers, hotdogs, fries & drinks. We will definitely stay here again & am kicking myself for staying at a H.I.Express the previous night.( H.I.Ex. is nice, but more expensive & truck parking was a nightmare)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Blaise H,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our high standards of cleanliness and were able to provide you a comfortable experience of Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield Hotel. It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us and we thank you for sharing your five star experience!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I am not even sure where to begin. This hotel is not worth the price if you can not get the basics. This was a quick overnight stay booked on a third party sight. I was not expecting anything glamorous for the price, but did expect them to live up to a standard. When we arrived late, my son took a shower, and he never informed me that he had no hot water - because he is 10. When I got in - I did not have hot water and was ICE COLD. I went down to the woman at the front desk and told her, she looked next to her and said, "oh, look at that" at turned the hot water on. She then told us to wait 5 minutes. At that point, it was useless. My son and I had showered.

I won't even get into the condition of the room. The bed sounded like a jet engine taking off when you sat on it - creeks and screeches. It was old. But that I can deal with - that is the part that you get what you pay for.

They advertise free breakfast. The next morning, my son and I went to breakfast. There was literally things out to make waffles and no working waffle machine. No problem - we will have cereal - problem is - the milk was curdled - literally! When i brought this to the 2 owners attention, they said, "oh well, that is all we have". Are you kidding me? My son couldn't even have cereal and i couldn't even put milk in my coffee.

The kicker to all this, is that they offered us nothing in compensation. We called the third party sight we booked through 5 minutes after departing. We also called Wyndham, the owners of Days Inn, they strung us along for days, telling us we needed to wait for the property owners to get in touch with us - and, wait for it - they did - and told us we never brought anything to their attention so they were not prepared to do anything for us. They claim they were booked to capacity that evening and they received not one complaint. Funny, unless everybody rode their bicycles and hid them in the bushes, that property was not full. The truth is, the money isn't even this issue. It is the lack of responsibility this management / owner had for anything and then having the nerve to lie about it. The small percentage Wyndham ended up offering us showed us they must have believed the property owners which was absolutely insane. I am not sure how Wyndham can keep a relationship with this property. "You're milk is curdled, "oh, that's all we have." Really?

For $140, this was frustrating. My time is worth more than this, and again, it is not about the money at this point, it is about the absolute lack of values (lying) this establishment has.

Save yourself, go someplace else!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank melissa j
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

melissa j,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your
expectations of quality service and accommodations. We are dedicated to ensuring that you receive the highest level of service and your feedback will help us to correct and improve our accommodations and facilities to better achieve this
determined goal. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I decided to get a room for 1 night while visiting the Ridgefield playhouse for a show. my goal was for a cheap but decent place. I booked a king size bed room (and didn't think at the time of requesting a 1st floor room). Upon arrival my 1st impression was that it was not built recently - but looked fine for a motel style place. Check-in was smooth and I was told to drive around to the back to park for room 222. yes i watched that show back in the 70's and thought it fit perfectly into that timeframe.
Driving to the back was a bit confusing at first - and when I found the narrow road I saw lots of construction to the back parking area. Broken pavement - but certainly ok to navigate. Going all the way I saw a few rooms outside on that level and then a door with some room numbers and an arrow pointing up. Upon opening the door there is a step almost immediately and a rather narrow staircase with railings on both sides. I'm not very good with steps (arthritis) but can do it one at a time - but I have to hold on. (this was pretty funny to me) The railing to the right was barely secured to the wall and I had this fantastic vision of me flying down. I managed it but will mention that it is very aged and probably impossible to keep clean as you walk directly from the outside to this narrow stairwell. There weren't many rooms up there and mine was just past the top of the stairs. At first I couldn't get the key card to work. No matter how I swiped it nothing happened. Up, down, left, right backwards. Then it worked. Yay! Beautiful view outside of green trees and more green trees with some green trees around them. The room was unremarkable - clean with everything I would expect.
Set up my laptop and realized I wasn't given the password to access WIFI. Called the desk and it took a bit longer than i thought it should for them to answer. Not that big a deal.
The bathroom LOOKED fine - everything I would expect. But a few little things to be aware of: There was a heater in the bathroom that when turned on screeched like someone was killing it. The hot water took almost 8 full minutes to warm up. The shower curtain had the strangest smell - rubber maybe? Mildew? Not sure but it was odd. However these were certainly not major issues - but definitely something to be aware of.
I would stay there again - but probably would mention/call that I prefer a first floor room.

Room Tip: 2 floors. Didn't see elevators
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Goldelpack P
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Goldelpack P,

Your comfort and convenience are our top priorities, and we thank you letting us know how we
have been successful in our efforts to impress you. We are all pleased to learn we were able to make you feel comfortable and that our services and accommodations lived up to your expectations. Your comments regarding the ways we can still improve are just as important, and we can't wait to show you how we have taken them to heart.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I chose this hotel for the location as we had tickets for the Playhouse, and after reading the reviews I didn't expect too much. But although the hotel is definitely tired, it was very clean and the most spacious we've stayed in for a long time. I especially liked that we had a nice view from both the front and the back of the room so it felt very bright and open. The bathroom was updated and the shower was hot with high pressure.
The sofa and chair made it more comfortable, and it was great to have a frig and microwave so we didn't have to throw out our leftovers from The Hideaway. We woke too late to try the breakfast which has been panned quite often so I doubt we missed much. For the price, in an area that charges quite a bit for everything, we thought this Days Inn was a good deal. We'll book again when we return to the Playhouse.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frostbird
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Ridgefield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

frostbird,

We are so glad to know that you had a great time with us and thank you so much for appreciating our efforts of providing you with clean and comfortable accommodations in a reasonable cost. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We would love to have you back and we do hope to see you again soon.