“Awesome!”

Portland Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #13 of 21 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 27 June 2017

My husband and I stopped into the Portland Restaurant for the first time since 2000 which is when we moved to the Portland area. I was told they had really good food. We ordered a pizza and I have to say it was the best pizza I had in a long time. You should try it!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

This is a gem of a local restaurant serving wonderful homemade meals including Italian dishes and delicious pizzas. Additionally there is a bar serving a good selection of beers, wines and cocktails. Great friendly service is always there as well.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

i have been wanting to go here for several years - mostly because i was drawn to the wonderful old brick building. out and about for an early supper my husband and i thought we would give Portland Restaurant a try.

the server was also the bartender. she was very sweet, if a bit chatty, but kept touching her face and putting her fingers to her mouth. i thought this was pretty gross because she was handing money, glasses, and our utensils with those fingers.

we got there at about 6:00. there were maybe eight people in house when we arrived. easy service.

my husband ordered sausage ravioli and i ordered a bowl of homemade RI chowder. to me there is no other chowder than RI - and RI chowder is hard to come by. assured by the server that the soup was good i ordered a bowl for my supper.

this might be homemade soup but good? not in the least. the potatoes had to have been previously frozen and were inedible. the few measly pieces of "clam" were rubbery and flavorless except for the one piece that tasted like chicken. the broth had no flavor and no color. thank goodness for the little packet of oyster crackers.

my husband's dish was very hot from the oven. though that was its only redeeming feature. overly canned sauce and lousy food service variety ravioli. he was hungry enough that he didn't really mind and ate the whole dish.

i had a few spoonfuls of broth, the crackers and my husband's side salad(which was ok except for the pale Styrofoam tomatoes.).

when the server came by to ask if everything was ok, she noticed that i had not eaten the soup and wanted to know if i was full from the salad. i told her that the soup was pretty awful. she apologized and actually wound up removing the soup from our bill without my asking her to. i thought that was a very appropriate and kind gesture.

the removal of the soup from the bill is the only reason for the poor rating over a terrible rating. on top of the lousy quality the prices are ridiculously high for the food served.

we will not be going back.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

We've had take-out for many, many years. Always correct order, friendly staff, and
delicious pizza, lasagna, and grinders.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Stopped in at supper time while in the area. Had stopped earlier in the spring. This time I just had chicken soup, as I was ailing a bit. The soup, made there, was very good, better than I anticipated it was not one of their main menu items.

The waitress, while professional, was very nice and did a great job.

I would go back on my next trip to Portland.