“Great little seafood restaurant”

Close Harbour Seafood
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Plantsville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We went to Close Harbour for lunch and had a great grilled cheese and lobster sandwich. The food was excellent and the service was great.
They also have a seafood store where you can buy various types of home made items and lobsters.
We are looking forward to going back again very soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Choose indoor or outdoor seating for excellent seafood recipes prepared with original touches. New England standards such as chowders and shellfish are great to take out or dine inside the chic dining room; full-bar service, very accommodating service, and a friendly, on-premise owner make a fine formula for relaxed, quality dining.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I do no not give out 5 circles ever. This restaurant surprised me by the fact that it has the freshest seafood I have ever had so far from the shore. I'm from New Bedford and moved to CT about 13 years ago. The one thing I can say about New Bedford is, that it has a very large fishing industry and the fish is always fresh so, I know fresh when I taste it.
This is the third time I've eaten here at Close Harbour and each time I go, it gets better. The parking is better, the service is better, the size of the restaurant is better. You will not be disappointed in the food. I have had seafood at so many restaurants in CT. This one is by far the best and the prices are more than fair. Oh, yes...I recommend the truffle oil fries.

1  Thank Playwright69
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The fish is so fresh and presented well, service is average, my only dislike it the martini glass is not filled to top, if they don't want to fill to top they should use smaller glasses, to me this is a turn off.

1  Thank Mary Anne Z
Reviewed 11 August 2017

How can you not go wrong ordering seafood when you have the seafood market on the other side of the dining room. My girlfriend and I went for lunch. She had the clam strips, very light and crispy and huge onion rings. I was uncertain on a couple of items since I wanted to try a few of them. Our waitress Kaylee suggested a few things and so glad she did. The Captain's Chowder was something so different. When I read it I thought they gave you a little bowl of the N.E. Chowder and a little bowl of the R.I. Chowder to sample both. Well a big coup dish came and you can see the R.I. on the bottom of the bowl and the N.E. was in the middle. Mix them together and WOW!!!!!
What a combination and great clammy taste. Since I often get lobster rolls I decided to try the Lump crab roll. Lots of crab and very tasty. They gave you extra butter but I just squirted lemon on it. The homemade coleslaw was cut very thin and very good. I can't wait to go back and try more of this delicious fresh seafood. On our way out we checked out the seafood market. I ended up buying a stuffed shrimp and a crab cake to cook at home.

2  Thank bilasi