“Sweet Basil”

Sweet Basil Thai Fusion
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Plainville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here with a friend. Not a fan of Thai food BUT this was very good & authentic. I sampled several of the dishes that she ordered. I really enjoyed the spices & the way they were blended. I can't remember the name of all the different items I sampled but they were all good and very fresh tasting. I'd go here more frequently if I could. A bit pricey.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Sweet Basil (SB) has been open for awhile, but we never got a chance to drop in...until now and I'm so glad we did.

SB's Tum Yum (chicken) soup was different than the others, but it was no less satisfying. It is great to have another Thai restaurant to within driving distance.

The Crab Rangoon and Fried Tofu were absolutely delicious. The Chicken Satay is a must have each time you go. I'm telling you that once you try Thai, you will always go back, again and again, etc.

The services was great. The waitress was very attentive and eager to make sure that we were satisfied. It was a joy to tip the going rate of 20%...she earned it.

One of the owners came up to the table and introduced herself to us; that is nothing like adding a personal touch to the experience.

The place is clean and the ambiance was nothing short of inviting. The prices are very affordable for the "Working Joe," like you and me. I can see Sweet Basil quickly becoming (if it hasn't already) a local favorite.

Had a stellar time and a great meal. Can't wait to go back!

Rocky Hill, CT

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Love sweet basil. I have had several of their dishes. Love the drunken noodles and their soups which I usually get as spicy as i can..

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Go for the soups! The coconut base is delicious and side dishes very nicely prepared and presented.

Did not be fooled by the outside building style the interior has oriental style!

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We have been there for dinner (not busy, but quite a few coming in for their take out order) and for lunch (very busy.. we should have had a reservation). Very large menu whose dishes can be easily adjusted to the diner's liking. Good service.

1  Thank RetiredTeacher72