“Great New Sushi/Sashimi Find”
Review of Sushi Red

Sushi Red
Ranked #9 of 79 Restaurants in Plainville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had heard good things about this place and recently made two visits. On the first, a Monday, the chef was solo and very busy. I was not in a hurry and told him I would be back in one hour. One hour later he had beautiful and fresh sashimi ready for me. 5 kinds of fish(tuna, salmon, eel, crab) all delicious.
I then returned and ate in. Nice miso soup and great crab roll,dragon roll, and spicy tuna. Great service.
I shall return.
Very casual. Fair prices. Not many seats.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We had heard great things about this place so decided to go this weekend. The sushi was incredibly fresh. The service was quick and everything was reasonably priced. It’s pretty small inside and not very modern but the quality of the sushi makes up for that. It’s also BYOB which is great.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Unpretentious, excellent quality and presentation, fair price and attentive service. Highly recommended for REAL sushi lovers. I eat there at least twice a month and its consistently excellent.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

This place is the epitome of living the American Dream. We walked in were greeted, found a seat. Not a huge shop. There are a few tables and a sushi bar. The owner came over poured us some tea, took our order and he was off. We both order d a seaweed salad and a roll. The salads were quickly brought out to us and then shortly later our rolls. I had the Birthday Roll. It came out on a cool little bamboo tray plate and had a free piece of nigiri on it. Our rolls were very tasty and filling. When we left we were presented with the neat Japanese ice cream mochi deserts. I would definitely return when I'm in the area. This guy is a one man show, and the price and quality can't be beat. Give him a try if in the area.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Owner(who also cooks) is rude and unwilling to accommodate my simple requests. He should be a bit nicer if he wants more business. Plenty of other sushi places.