All reviewsrhode island beacheswatch hillbagelsbusiness centerindoor poolmystic areaclean hotelwaffle makerbreakfast roomstaff was friendly and helpfulexcellent stayhard boiled eggsfridge and microwavefoxwoods casinoexercise roomconvenient locationroom was large
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Only 2 towels were available in the morning, I did not see one housekeeper, the bedding had pizza stains and smelled of perfume, the ice machine was located on the first floor only, I had to clean the room before I could get comfortable!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
laquintastonington, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington-Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

ShawnA9036LH, we would like to extend our apologies to you. We are terribly sorry that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and what you experienced is unacceptable. We have reached out to you several times, via phone and email, to personally apologize to you. Please call us at your earliest convenience 860-599-2400.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Ran into an issue on la quintas end, the fact we had pets was not noted in or account which caused the staff to move or room after we were already staying in a room. Refused to help us move our bags, then, they moved us to a room HALF the size, not what I booked or paid for and gave us $10/night off, and acted like they did us a favor. They made up a ficticious pet weight limit saying that because we had two 60 lb dogs that we were over the weight limit (if which does not exist on their website and didn’t exists when I blocked my number and called to book a room a day after I checked out). The general manager would not call us the night of the issue or else I would have definitely left after taking to her. She has zero capability of handing an issue without placing the blame on the customer. She belittled me on the phone then said well I can’t discount your remaining nights so your only option is to drive back home 18 hours or check out. Nice, right? Well attempting to call my bluff and bully me into staying I told her I would check out, in which she responded I’d have to be out at 11am to not be charged which wouldnt be an issue if it weren’t already 10:45am when she stated this! I had to ct family visitation for Christmas short to go remove our belongings from the hotel and check out. The pout on her face as we left, however, was worth it. I did file a BBB complaint and a corporate complaint. My husband, who happens to be a disabled veteran, really enjoyed being moved so many times and the ridiculous amount of disrespect towards our family. They are NOT pet friendly and actually seem to discriminate against pet owners.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha Z
laquintastonington, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington-Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

SCHW33, We apologize for any confusion experienced while booking your reservation. Our website states that all guests bringing a pet should call the hotel directly for policy requirements. Your reservation had no indication that you were bringing two large dogs with you. We were more than happy to accommodate you and provide you with a discount for the inconvenience of having to move to the first floor. You were happy with the rooms cleanliness but demanded a larger discount. We offered you an additional percentage off the rates and you requested that your stay be even further discounted. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet your expectations. You asked us what time you had until to check out that day, without charge, and chose to check out. We did not ask you to leave and we are sorry that our efforts to accommodate you fell short of your expectations.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

great stay at our usual motel chain. room was adequate and clean and service was good.breakfast was offered as usual but we did not utilize. fitness room only had 3 pieces of equipment which is inadequate for the amount we paid for the room. pool was available but I did not see any guests utilize.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
laquintastonington, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington-Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you Catherine R for sharing your experience with us! We are glad that you had a great stay! We are working towards making improvements to our fitness center. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We stayed one night went to a business gathering and after took advantage of the shuttle to casinos terrible weather for the driver but he was excellent and we just had a great time overall thankyou La Quinta!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
laquintastonington, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington-Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback raymondandd! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Whether you are here for business, leisure, or both, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is my go to place when I need a room in the area whether it's for casino play or a night out, or even business. Staff is awesome, breakfast is good, year-round pool. Alone or a suite with guests I highly recommend for the price you pay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
laquintastonington, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington-Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you paulbF5251YS for sharing your experience with us! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you soon!