“*Excellent* Pho. Also sake, and some appetizers”
Review of Mecha Noodle Bar

Mecha Noodle Bar
Ranked #24 of 449 Restaurants in Norwalk
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Lets get the Pho out of the way - it's stunning. Like - Hanoi good. Seriously. It's destination-dining-worthy Pho. That is all.
As for the rest of it, it's kinda hit or miss.
• Good sake selection, and interesting beers
• The KFC Bao is *stellar*
• The wings are really good, if somewhat dry
• The ramen is...not so good. Not bad, but not good either
• The Kimchi-fried rice is very good, and *huge*. Be warned
• The dumplings are a meal unto themselves. Good with beer, but...a lot
Excellent service, friendly to a fault, rounds out the place.
The bottom line - in this neck of the woods there aren't that many places that I'd actually *send* people to, but I'd send people here for the Pho

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect here, but was pleasantly surprised. Appetizers were great, especially the firecracker wings. We tried both the ramen and the pho. Both were excellent and very filling. The atmosphere is friendly, with some communal seating, so it's perfect for going out with a group or making new friends. Service was very good and explained some of the unfamiliar dishes.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

After hearing my wife and daughter rave about the New Haven location, we stopped here for a Sunday lunch and both my wife and myself were disappointed. We shared pork belly steamed baos. The pork was tough and had no seasoning, only adding the table hoisin sauce helped the flavoring. My wife had the pork ramen which was under seasoned, I ordered the chicken ramen which was extremely salty. I don't know how to attribute the difference between the Norwalk and New Haven location; either New Haven is extremely good or Norwalk is poor.

Service was good, and the restaurant was a bit noisy but conversation could be carried on.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The flavors, the textures and menu choices all fabulous. KFC Bao crunchy and soft all at the same time, Kim Chi rice wow the flavors, wings delicious, excellent summer salad- Must go back and try more off the menu!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Went with family for dinner
Warm welcome and made us comfortable
We had our mother in law with us who is a vegetarian.Staff went out of their way to make a vegetarian dish which she relished
The pork bun was an excellent starter
And the ramen noodles was one of the best I have had
Place worth visiting