“Noodle soup with a kick”
Review of Mecha Noodle Bar

Mecha Noodle Bar
Ranked #22 of 437 Restaurants in Norwalk
Reviewed 1 February 2016

I previously read some reviews prior to coming here that it can be quite packed at times but well worth it. It was a busy day in Sono and the four of us managed to get a table within 10 minutes. Lucky. Have a little patience to be seated if you're dying for a soup with a punch for lunch.
I had the KFC as an appetizer and it blew my mind (and taste buds). I was delighted to know they have BUBBLE TEA. My friend had the Sangria and it looked beautiful.
Mecha is basically a noodle soup place for a pretty penny on some items which I think they should come down a notch with.
The service was very good, and the entire staff was so friendly. They give you a little book to write a note about your experience or anything you want and we had a little fun with that.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

This is a gem of a restaurant in SoNo. Everything we had from appetizers to Pho and Ramen noodle dishes, to the bubble tea was delicious! Great flavors - try the roasted mushroom dumplings or the pork belly bao. Flavorful broths and your choice of meats and add-ons. They don't take reservations so there is a wait during prime time, but the line goes fairly quickly. It is worth the wait.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I will admit it -- this was my first visit to a noodle shop. Never been to one before and with all the current buzz I was looking forward to checking out Mecha Noodle Bar in SoNo with a friend. We were both very pleased with our choice for our Girl's Day Out lunch. Our server was very helpful with suggestions for a neophyte Noodle eater. We split a portion of the Pork Belly Steamed Bao and it was divine. The Bao itself was light and fluffy and the filling was a mixture of sweet and salty with just the right balance of creamy and crunchy. I ordered the Classic Pho Tai -- the broth was deep and meaty, the beef was tender and the rice noodles were just right. A pot of Jasmine tea was the perfect accompaniment to out meal. They give you large portion and so my friend and I both brought home leftovers. Both my kids have had Ramen and Pho before so I brought them each some Pork Ramen and bubble tea to try. I tasted their Ramen and was happy that I had order the Pho. I prefer the rice noodles and the Ramen had just a bit too much Miso in the broth that I thought was overpowering. The bubble tea was nice -- not too sweet and the "bubbles" were chewy but not gummy. If I had to complain it would be that the music was a bit loud for some of us "older" folks. I will be visiting Mecha again and trying other things on their menu.