“Outstanding takeout”

Bonani
Ranked #233 of 456 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Truly outstanding Indian takeout! Everything we got was some of the best we've ever had (and we know our Indian). We got Garlic Naan, Lamb Vindaloo and tandorri chicken - so yummy and a ton of food!

Do not let the humble exterior fool you. This place is fantastic!

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

Shared take out with daughter. Wide choice of food. The building is somewhat offputting but look past that. Food is very good. Naan breads were excellent ~ you can see the real tandoor oven they use in the open kitchen.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

I always get butter chicken and naan - it's always very good and made fresh. I will say that sometimes the portions fluctuate a bit and, considering it's take out, the prices are a little on the high side, but I like them very much. They have a few tables, but it's really not meant to be a full-on sit-down restaurant.

Reviewed 21 May 2015

I now remember why I stopped eating at this take-out restaurant. Since I was visiting the oriental store next door, I stopped at Bonani for lunch. They have lots of choices for a vegetarian and the person behind the counter suggested Dhansak. Just like a few times before, the food was stale, did not smell right and it was pricey, $15.00 at lunch time. I eat out a lot because of my job situation and I know I will not be back at Bonani again. Extremely disappointed.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Located in a strip mall Bonani is very unpreossessing inside and out, but the food is oh so delicious and the servings large enough for two meals. We have been taking out Indian Food from Bonani for 25-years, but the restaurant has a few tables if you wish to eat-in. Our favorite is Chicken Tandoori--chicken marinated in yougurt, freshly ground spices & lemon juice cooked in tandoor. As a side dish Palak Paneer--cheese cubes cooked in a spinich mild sauce is alo very tasty. Bonani has a large menu that features many Indian dishes made with lamb, beef, chicken, goat or shrimp as well as Vegetarian specials. There are 16 breads,14 appetizers and 3 soups that round out the menu. If you like your food less spicy hot or oily, Bonani will accomodate your taste.