“Great place to dine”
Review of Match

Match
Reserve with OpenTable
Match is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 456 Restaurants in Norwalk
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: So. Main St & Water St.
Transit: The SoNo train station (Metro North) is walking distance to Match.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I shared dinner with my bestie at this place. It was recommended by a friend and I have to say I loved it. I basically ate Bacon and Cheese for dinner, but it was lovely. Great wine selection and good bar selection too. Service was spot on.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was open on a holiday weekend ,the 4th of July for my sisters B-day ,food was great ,service wonderful and I can this place a 10

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had been to Match a few years ago and hadn t remembered how excellent the food is there. We hesitated to go because parking in South Norwalk is always a problem. And for the next few weeks a major municipal lot is closed for renovations- exacerbating that problem.
However, the dining experience was excellent. The starters were beautiful salads and a special ravioli dish. The halibut was so good - that when people came later to the table next to ours-and we heard them deciding what to order- we mentioned how much we enjoyed our halibut- and they then chose that entree.
The crowd seemed to be couples and groups in the 35 to 60 year old range and no tables were free very long from 630 to 930. Service was a little slow, as we guessed there may have not been enough staff on the floor.
Wines were not that expensive - but the bargain was that corkage was a very fair $25 ..We will definitely return soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My brother and sister-in-law suggested Match for our family dinner out together. And we were not disappointed.

The restaurant is located in downtown South Norwalk. On this particular evening, the street was closed off to vehicle traffic as there was a street festival of some type going on. This establishment is upscale casual...no pretense. As you walk in, the bar is located to the right and the dining room is narrow and deep. Dark woods give a sense of calm even though the energy level of the restaurant is high.

We had called for reservations the previous night and our table, set right by the front windows, was ready when we arrived. David was our server and he provided friendly, professional service throughout the meal. In fact, the every one of the employees was friendly, helpful and attentive. This was reinforced when one of the kids at our table spilled a glass of water. The speed and manner in which this was addressed was exceptional. Hats off to the entire staff.

Wine list was not overly extensive, but plenty of choices. Prices were not out of line. The dinner menu was varied and imaginative. Appetizers were ordered and I was particularly impressed with their take on the shrimp cocktail. Served ceviche style with fried wonton chips. Entree choices were all presented attractively and pronounced as satisfying. Portion sizes were generous, and again, prices were reasonable. My one suggestion would be to order the smaller portion sizes of the entrees that are offered that way unless you are starving. My wife and I both ordered the gnocchi entree and hers was almost as big as mine and neither one of us could finish our meals.

David had enquired at the start of the meal if we wanted to pre-order some desserts that required advance notice, which we did. Chocolate soufflé was very decadent.

I can confidently recommend Match to any discerning diner.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter was visiting from Boston and brought her to our favorite restaurant. She was as impressed as we always are. I’m not going to mention specific dishes as no matter what you order Matt will make it special and very tasty. Awesome place all around. You are never disappointed with the food or the service.