“Nice brew list and good food”
Review of Sedona Taphouse

Sedona Taphouse
Ranked #19 of 455 Restaurants in Norwalk
Reviewed 24 December 2017

My family stopped here for dinner on the way back from JFK, looking for a no-fuss dinner option and a drink (for the non-drivers only!) At 6;30 on a Saturday night, it was easy to get a table. My daughter wanted a beer and the server was more than happy to let her taste a couple before placing her order. I had wine and while the wine list wasn't awe-inspiring, I was able to get a glass of Josh Cabernet. Clearly, taproom is the definitive term in the name; the beer list was way more interesting than the wine list. They also had what appeared to be a creative list of craft cocktails which looked pretty tantalizing.

Wings were a large platter of meaty bone-in, not too spicy but delicious, and a bowl of blue cheese dressing. Chicken Alfredo was a bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce and a grilled chicken breast on top. My crab cake sandwich was wonderful, with lots of crab in the cake. It was served with a goodly portion of mixed salad greens and a tangy vinaigrette. I'd go back just for the salad dressing; it was that good. My daughter had pulled pork sliders with coleslaw on top and some of the best homemade purple potato chips I've ever eaten (yep, mom got the chips ;-) ) Against our better judgement, we all ordered dessert. My husband had the cheesecake, plain as he prefers it and was pleased with his selection. My daughter and I couldn't decide between the chocolate decadence and the chocolate truffle cake, so we ordered both and took half of it home. The servings were generous, the chocolate decadence was amazingly dense, and the truffle cake was three layers of deliciousness. Way too rich for either of us to finish but we enjoyed them just as much the next day.

Service was good, maybe not perfect but about what you would expect for this kind of restaurant on a Saturday. While the place was fairly empty when we arrived, it filled up rapidly as the evening went on. Clearly, it's a well-liked place in Norwalk. A bit too far for us to travel there regularly, but we'd definitely stop in again, when we're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I met my cousins there for lunch and chat. we hadnt seen each other for many years.
The service was great, the interior was to notch, food and drinks were terrific. You have to have the Clam Chowder. It is the best by far!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Just found my new favorite place in Norwalk.
While it has been open for a while, I just never got around to trying it.
Nice atmosphere, can eat outside if the weather is cooperating.
Huge selection of craft beers and just about any other bottled beer or mixed drink imaginable.
I had a gorgonzola salad with steak that was grilled and seasoned perfectly.
The others had a rib eye steak and short ribs. No one had any complaints and nothing was left on any of the plates so that's a good sign!
I thought the prices were very reasonable considering the Fairfield County location and comparing it to other restaurants in the area.
Definitely worth giving it a try.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I have taken my son here for lunch a few times now. The first time he had the Kobe Sliders and I had the Chipotle Chicken Tacos. We were both so thrilled with those choices that we wanted to come back and sample more of the menu. We have done that and enjoyed our food since that time. Sunday we wanted something not heavy, but enjoyable, so we decided to go back and have the two dishes we enjoyed so much the first time. Both dishes were just as fantastic as the first time. We were very glad we went back there for those dishes and will again in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Our extended family of twelve gathered here on a Sunday and were very pleasantly surprised with the menu selection and excellent service, especially for a group of our size. The restaurant has been open in this location for about two years but this is the first time I had gone there -- I will absolutely go again! Menu choices were broad, well prepared, tasted great and priced reasonably.