“Surprisingly good food, not so good service”

La Cocina Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #231 of 455 Restaurants in Norwalk
Reviewed 23 July 2015

A little hole in the wall (Latin?) restaurant that is a surprise upon walking in. It was our first time in, and we were unsure how the concept worked (a long line of food, cafeteria style, but some people were getting soup, some had multiple different portions, etc.) and there was no menu posted. We asked how it worked and they just pointed at all the foods!

So we took the plunge and just asked for a lunch meal. I got rice, pork, and mixed veggies. The pork was AMAZING. It was a huge helping, all for $6 with no additional tax. After getting a diet coke, my whole lunch was $7 even and I had so much food leftover that I couldn't eat.

We got our plates to go and walked across the street to enjoy at the wooden tables outside the public library.

To sum it up: pretty bad service, but fantastic food! I'll be back next weekend :)

Date of visit: June 2015