“The Real Deal!”

Royal Guard Fish and Chips
Ranked #79 of 456 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 October 2015

If you like the real deal, go to the Royal Guard Fish and Chips Restaurant. Cricket on the TV, bright neon lights, next to a somewhat suspect motel BUT the food is fantastic and the man who took our order was wonderful. It's northern Indian and though I have eaten there only once, my husband has eaten there 7. Need I say more? The Nan is out of this world and the fish curry is not the dry tasteless nonsense one typically gets but it's fresh and flaky and the sauce (I might have licked the bowl) It's has a fast food vibe but frankly who cares. They have other chips and fried fare but my money is on the Indian/Pakistani dishes. It is a welcome addition to an area full of bad Pizza and subs!

Reviewed 16 July 2015

The most flavorful Korma I've err had and the absolute best fish and chips! Picture doesn't match the place now which made us a little apprehensive but it turned out to be a totally laid back place where we had awesome good and my husband got to watch cricket! The fellas running the place were really friendly as well.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Wow, we had heard this place was good and it lived up to the hype. They have great Indian, Pakistany, & freed chicken / fish & chips. Everything I've had has been delicious! They have great homemade hot sauce and the fried chicken is amazing!

Reviewed 5 May 2015

What a great combination, and in the most unexpected of settings. The only shortcoming is the lack of beer or BYOB. Otherwise, the Fish & Chips are excellent - crispy and moist, lots of flavor. The Indian buffet is diverse and delicious. Definitely a go to place for a quick meal, or even a hang-out place with deal-seeking friends.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

If you like fried fish and fried chicken AND want the option to try some Indian items…..this is a MUST PLACE for you to try.