“Good dinner!”
Review of Osteria Romana

Osteria Romana
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Romana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 455 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We were in a search for a nice place to have dinner with our "extended" family and we picked "Osteria Romana" as our place to go.
While did feel a little reluctant for the location, I decided to give it a try.
Not a wrong choice, I would say; this is a place that can satisfy a fine palate and meet above average expectations:
* parking: plenty!
* location : "hidden in plain sight" on the old "Route 1"/ "Westport Ave" - easy "in", easy "out".
* set up: lovely, classic Italian - inside/outside.
* bar inside with a great and fine selection, if you and your friend care just for a few drinks.
* very tasty/elaborate/classic Italian menu to satisfy even the most difficult costumer.
* large wine collection and good bartenders to fulfill your requirements.
* good classic atmosphere in general with old, classy costumers.
* as a bonus: live music after 7:00 pm.
Our experience was great: very good food, in good size portions accompanied by a very good wine ( that was chosen over a preferred one, due to a so claimed "weekly wrong delivery ".
Costumer service was excellent and profesional from our waiter Jorge with his presence, serving and wine presentation ( he is a keeper, managers be advised!)
After all our dinner turn into an unexpected great family time with great food ( compliments to the chefs!) in an "never been there before" place!

Keep up, "Osteria Romana"! Great job!
We will return!!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

The food is absolutely delicious and a lot of flavor. There is a kids menu which the website doesn't show. The service is great and there is a live music after 7pm. The deserts are delicious too. The only downside is the price, the food is a little too pricey, for 4 adults and 2 kids we end up paying almost $300, while the kids shared one pizza, one appetizer for all, and the adults had their main course each, plus 3 shared desserts. Over all it is a nice place for a dinner if you have the "chips" in your packet.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We always love to eat the amazing food at Osteria Romana on our special occasions, because the food here just makes the celebration even better. The food is wonderful and the wait staff is warm and friendly. They treat you like family and always make feel welcome. Go enjoy an evening out at Osteria Romana. You will be so glad that you did!!

Reviewed 20 July 2018

As I barked at my husband that I wanted a glass of wine and a Scooby Snack, not a full blown dinner as we were on a road trip, he googled what was around us to shut me up.
"I just want to sit at a nice air conditioned bar with a comfortable padded seat that has a back and have a nice chilled wine and a big salad or something" I whined.
As we pulled up to Osteria Romana, I shamelessly thought less of the establishment as it is in a stip mall, with what appeared to be outdoor seating in a parking lot.
As we got closer, I realized how wrong I was, it was charming, comfortable and inviting.
We were instantly welcomed by a number of employees, our presence was
instantly acknowledged.
Tending the bar was an incredible employee named "Michelle" who is a true professional. She instantly understood why we were there, all that we wanted, made excellent recommendations, wasn't pushy, and a true mixologist.
She told us how everyone works together, no one has an attitude, everyone actually loved their jobs, it wasn't at all like most hospitality employees who loudly sigh and behave like they can't wait for their shift to be over.
We only had the spinach salad and a couple of desserts, but the next time we're in Norwalk, we will return for the full experience.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Four of us had dinner last nite, had 2 Bucatini Amatricana dishes, very disappointing. There was SO much sauce and and not much pasta! The little pasta was drowning in the sauce! Not what we were expecting. I will say the service is very good (but they did get one of the orders wrong). Will have to think twice about going back☹️.