“Amazing”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We were so very fortunate to stop in Norwalk, CT for overnight or I would never have experienced Pontos. We had an assortment of lamb, beef, and pork. Also ordered their beet salad and an order of orzo and let’s not forget the white Greek wine. First, the beets; absolutely deliciously fresh, cooked and seasoned perfectly. The orzo; yes I now know I love orzo, at least the way Pontos seasons it. The wine was wonderful. Now for the meat assortment; oh my mouth is jealous not being able to have more. Every bite melts in your mouth and I just looked forward to the next bite. Truly a taste to savor.
This is a special restaurant with a special atmosphere because of the special family feel. Thank you for making my husband and I feel like a part of this amazing family. We will certainly try and come back all the way from Delaware. It is worth the trip!

2  Thank Mary W

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant wait staff. Family atmosphere, casual. The food is simple Greek fare—very good. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Sbqf
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I've eaten at Pontos Taverna a few times. Each time was a delight, as the food is authentically Greek and prepared with fresh and quality ingredients. The service is outstanding. I am grateful that the menu is smaller than you would typically find in a Greek restaurant, as I think it contributes to the high quality of the food.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I wish I had found this place sooner. It was recommended by a friend and the food is terrific. We had the Pikilia assortment... very tasty! The Baklava was delicious. Excellent service, also.

1  Thank KeithMcL
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is a genuinely wonderful place. Super good food, lovely servers, the absolute best Greek salads. Their tomatoes are even good in the winter!
Not fancy. But great for families, and friends after the movies.