“Don’t Judge a Book by It’s Cover”
Review of Swift Half

Swift Half
Ranked #43 of 120 Restaurants in North Haven
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem. You would never know from the outside and from what it was under previous ownership. It was brighter and clean. Bar food, regular, but they have vegetarian and vegan food, and lots of it to choose from. Finally a bar that serves food that I can eat. I have chosen to eat vegan, while none of my friends are. At this bar, we all can go and enjoy. AND A GREAT CRAFT BEER SELECTION! A must go, I will be back, FREQUENTLY!!!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch, was greeted by a charming young lady, Lily. My friend ordered a Prosecco, (which I was surprised they had), but it had to be served in a wine class as they had no flutes. I played it safe and ordered a Jack Daniels. It was very cold inside so we asked Lily to turn up the heat which she did. We then reviewed the menu, of which most of the specials were "Vegan"(Really!) This is a neighborhood beer joint, who orders Vegan?
Any way, I ordered the Banh Mi Sandwich, with Vinegar and Salt fries as a side. Lily informed me that they were not available today. I opted then for regular fries, with ketchup ( which they don't have). I then suggested that I would be happy with Malt Vinegar, (a Bar staple), which surprisingly, they had!
My guest ordered the Grilled Chicken sandwich, and was not happy, as it was thigh meat which she found unpleasant and fatty. ps: my pork was the same.
However, that being said, the Fries and House made chips were good. Bottom line, next time we will try a burger and a beer. They can't mess that up..,

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

First time visit with our adult kids & friends. Many choices of beer, full bar. Also has a great menu with a wide variety of food choices. Great nachos, jalapeno poppers, clam fritters. Burgers looked delicious! Also has vegetarian options. Everything cooked fresh. The bartenders were very friendly. Located in a small shopping plaza next to Wharton Brook park on the North Haven, Wallingford line. You can take a walk after you eat!!

Date of visit: August 2017