Free cancellation until 27/07
US$119
  • Beachfront
US$175
US$165
Algoa Guest House(Summerstrand)(Great Value!)
US$74
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

Aloe Manna Self-Catering Accommodation(Summerstrand)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
Agoda.com
US$98
US$91
Agoda.com
Admirals Lodge Guest House(Summerstrand)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$67
US$65
Travelocity
US$103
All reviewsacross the roadbusy roadone bedroom suitesmall kitchenetteeggs to orderindian oceangreat view of the beachbeautiful seafantastic locationroom servicerooms are largeduty managercleaning stafffriendly and professional staffan ironshort walkvery nice hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel has a nice view over the ocean and from the lobby area across the pool and the ocean. The breakfast is reaonable with a choice of eggs and a selection of fruit, meats and yoghurts. The service is good although the room was cleaned very late every day despite being out for a meeting by7:30. So when you come back lunchtime the room is still being serviced. The checkout was very slow.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CLHG_PR_Consultant, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for the constructive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

The room here (208) is in need of an upgrade. Very tired decor.
Otherwise a great location. Great views too, waking up to the sunrise over the ocean. Nice to be walking distance to Boardwalk and the Pier. Lots of eating places nearby.
Don't miss Charlie's Pizza and Bridge Street Brewery.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
CLHG_PR_Consultant, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

we arrived late in the evening and were rushed through the check-in so we had to phone reception a few times to ask questions. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant so we were told to order from a local take-away, which was simply awful. I would have preferred the nearby McDonalds had I known before. Room was facing the main road, which is busy at night. Decor outdated. Wouldn't stay again but it was okay for one night. Might suit business travellers.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We’re sorry to hear about your sub-standard take-away meal. The hotel does offer a club lounge service in the early evenings, but this does not help guests who are arriving late. Alas, there is not much we can do about the road noise, but we will certainly consider your points about décor as we do regularly upgrade our facilities. Please give us another chance to impress.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of having a tapas style meal here - the food was laid out like a small buffet and the choice was nice. Unfortunately the really good stuff seemed to run out but the chef prepared something extra for us. Everything tasted nice

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review of your recent stay with us. Our team is committed to deliver services with passion and ensure that every guest leaves the hotel with fond memories.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I do presume that this hotel is one of the 4/5 star hotels in the City Lodge group of hotels. I stayed at the hotel between the 9th to the 13 of February and must add that this hotel is average at best. Why

The service is slow , particularly during breakfast.
The breakfast choice is very limited.
Room service consist of menu's from outside restaurants, for a presumably 4 star hotel this is unacceptable. I would suggest that the hotel include more restaurants on their list if their kitchen stops service after breakfast or open their kitchen at night.
The staff is not all that friendly and seem not be sure when guest will depart. I for example returned to my room at around 1h00 on the 12th just to find my room not cleaned. When I ask the cleaning staff why, they informed me that according to the front desk I had to check out. Fortunately I returned when I did as I suspect that my room would have been allocated to one of the German guest who just arrived. The cleaning staff apologized for the confusion but not the manager or person at the front desk.
Because the hotel is next to the main road it can become very noisy at night,

On the plus side, the hotel is clean ,with amasing views of the sea. I like the fact that the rooms has its own balcony looking out on to the see.

Room Tip: Always take room with a sea view but one away from the main road.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We’re glad you liked the views, the cleanliness and the sea-facing balconies. Please accept our apologies over the mix-up relating to the cleaning of your room. We will certainly look into the points you have raised regarding breakfast and access to more external restaurant menus. Please give us another chance to impress.