“Delicious Again”

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This is our first visit since the remodel of this establishment. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere, seating and service were right on. We didn’t feel rushed or neglected. Our server Lauren, did an outstanding job.
The food was amazing, crispy chicken wing with teriyaki, sushi, the Tom Ka with chicken is outstanding. Pad Thai, and bimbos special was delicious. Can’t say enough good thinking about the food.
If there is one negative, I must say that the new printed menus are large, but he printing is very small. Those of us with poor eye sight and low lighting in the restaurant made it difficult to read the menu. Other than that, we can’t wait to return for another great meal. Thank you to The Spice Club!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank toddp14

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Spice Club – Niantic, CT

Looking for a fun and delicious Thai restaurant in New London County? Look no further. I’ve found your place!

This is a newly remodeled restaurant located in downtown Niantic that features a full bar, sit down dining room with takeout.

Everything is freshly made on premises and features family recipes from the owners home town.

The staff is super friendly and the cuisine is scrumptious. From the Sushi, wonderful soups, stir fry to curries, you are sure to find something to excite your palate! There’s even a healthy lighter menu to choose from.

They’re open for lunch and dinner and I’m writing this review after having both this past week!

I’ve you haven’t tried them lately, you need to! Absolutely fabulous!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2018

This was our second visit to Spice Club. The first visit was excellent.
This visit not so much.
We took my sister in law to lunch here. We arrived a 11:45 and there was probably 6 tables in use.
We waited about 10 minutes after seating for the waitress came over to ask if we wanted water or anything to drink. We ordered water and looked over menu to make our decisions. About 10 minutes later she came back to ask if we wanted to order any apps etc. We placed our order and then she decided to tell us they have new menus being printed and that these were not the current prices????? She did not quote current prices.
Since we had such a great dinner before we decided to go ahead with our orders. I also asked if I could have my Noodle dinner with mixed meats chicken and beef. She said no problem, did I want double the meat???? I said No, just give me 1/2 the amount of chicken and 1/2 the amount of beef. She said no problem.
After about 10 more minutes she came to table to tell me there would be a $2.00 up charge for the mixed meats. It was too late to change order.
We were not really happy.
I know there getting ready for tourist season so I guess there seeing what they can actually get for there menu.
As before the good was excellent but I don't know if they have had a management change or what, but the service was sketchy. The menu was more like bait and switch. I hope it was do to an inexperienced server.
If had not been for the menu issues and hopefully our inexperienced waitress I would have rated excellent.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Typically people have 60 minutes for lunch which includes to and from the office. New to the area and decided to try this place for lunch. There is no sense of urgency with any of the staff working. Scatter brains would be a compliment Even the to-go orders were waiting. I never got my food and ended p walking out.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

In a strip mall a block from the beach this is a somewhat austere setting this time of year. I understand from locals that it hops in the summer. It has a full bar. Our experience with the service at lunch was fair. A pumpkin curry with kabocha squash was just the right amount of spicy to balance the sweetness. My companion had bimbimbap, with a little too much rice to pork and veggies, but tasty. With 2 sides, 2 glasses of wine, and tip the total was a little under $75. We will most likely be back.

Date of visit: March 2018