“Great sushi and Thai food”
Review of The Spice Club

The Spice Club
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Being retired I often go to the 4 PM showing at the Niantic Cinemas, which gets out around 6 PM. The Spice Club is a short walk away. I normally go there for dinner and sit at the bar. The bartender, Mai, is Thai, as are many of the other staff. I was trained as a Thai linguist in the U.S. Air Force many years ago and still have the ability to engage in basic conversation, which is fun. The menu is awesome. I’ve tried just about every one of the sushi specials, and many of the Thai dishes. I can highly recommend the Spice Club.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We did not feel like cooking on the day after Christmas, so we ordered sushi take out for dinner. It was so darn good! Really fresh. I totally recommend Spice Club for sushi. We also got green curry tofu and coconut soup and they were also delicious.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Stopped in last night after work, was dining alone so sat at the bar, got there between 1730 and 1800 so they were not crazy busy yet. Staff was friendly and greeted me immediately. Ordered a Kirin Ichiban to quench the thirst of a long day at work, was ice cold and provided promptly. Ordered the Avocado Salad, Spicy Tuna Roll, and the bartender, think his name was Milo, recommended the signature New York Roll. Food was in front of me within 5 minutes, Salad was generous with copious amounts of fresh greens and avocado. The house made ginger dressing was delicious. The Spicy Tuna Roll was perfect, and the New York roll was amazing. Both the salad and roll plate were very well presented and food was delicious. Only reason I am not giving 5 stars is more so where I sat. The area of the bar I seated myself at had huge bottles in front of it and I was close to the cash register. Needless to say their takeout business was booming and there were constantly bags sitting on the bar. Just as much my fault as the establishments. With that said, it did not detract at all from the service or the meal, but it was just really hectic the entire time I was in there. If I were to visit again I would definitely get a table or make sure to sit at the end of the bar away from the register.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

After trying there sister restaurant in Mystic, we decided to try The Spice Club in Niantic. Food was very good. Our servicer was new (first day by himself) but gave us great service. I had the Shrimp with Noodles which was very good, but thought I was ordering the FLAT noodles. Both wives had the Curry which they said they loved.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I snuck out for a quick date at The Spice Club. We were seated immediately, in the middle of Friday night dinner hours. Service was quick, food came extremely fast. We had an appetizer,rolls and entrees. The sushi was underwhelming, I will skip it next time. We had the appetizer sampler and it was really nice. The pad Thai was delicious and the beef with green curry was outstanding. Incredible flavor and a massive serving for the price.