“Authentic Asian food in small town Niantic”
Review of The Spice Club

The Spice Club
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Niantic
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We love The Spice Club, with its full range Asian menu that brings Big City quality food to Niantic.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Service slow and mediocre. Server made mistakes. Food takes a long time after ordering, every time we have been there. I asked for some sauce to put on the vegetable fried rice because it was too dry and was charged for a tiny dish of it. We were a party of 5 and ordered a couple of starters in addition to the 5 dinners so the charge was cheap and insulting. We will order take out instead of dining there if we go again.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I've been there twice and both times the food has been delicious and service efficient. We need to go back again soon!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We've been here many times, and it is excellent. Hard to get in though, even during the week. Almost impossible on Friday or Saturday. Their is a long bar on the right as you walk in, separated from the dining area by a shoulder high wall and some cocktail tables. The dining area is very inviting, beautiful colors and decorations. The owners also run 2 other Thai restaurants, one in Mystic Village, the other in Old Saybrook (I think).

I've had the sushi a few times, both at the sushi bar and in the dining room, once they had toro!! Boy was that good. This is not, however, a sushi place. It's mostly Thai, with Japanese and Korean stuff also available. We have settled on the curries as our standard selection here, my girlfriend gets the green, I get the red and they are both excellent, come with your choice of meat and seafood selections. If you're new to curry, they have 5 different varieties, ask for and maybe you can get a thimble full of each with some rice crisps to test the flavor and heat. Also have tried their chicken katsu from the Japanese side of the menu.That was very good, but a little dry.

Come out and try som Thai food, I bet you'll love it!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I have only had take out here, but the sushi is great. Also, the coconut soup with chicken and vegetables was very good too. I would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2016