See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2016

This property was dirty. Even though the bowl was okay, the toilet had dirty smudges on the lid, looked as if never cleaned. The lampshades had filth hanging off of them. There were beetles inside around the window. There was hair inside the bed, between the sheets. Thick dust was on the top of the headboard and the whole room had a funny smell. To be fair, the proprietor allowed us to cancel the booking without penalty, as he knew the room was substandard.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2016

I don't know where to begin. When I travel I am not usually too picky about where I stay, since it's usually just to sleep and shower. However I do expect the room to be clean in general.

Granted, when we checked in it was a little early so I wasn't too mad that they were still getting it ready. The attendant said it was all set, so in we went.

Upon checking out the room we found an open bottle of soda in the fridge, someone's pants in the dresser, hair in the tub drain and odd stains on the ceiling. The sink clogged and the bed was hard as a rock.

Eek!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank MeowLeFae
rkct1234, Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

dear meowlefae,

I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our motel.
I am very sorry for something that should never happened. I addressed this issue to our housekeeping staff.
I would like to thank you for sharing. and guest like you to help us to provide best customer service.
we hope you give us a second chance, when you are in this area

sincerely,
rk
manager

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

Went in looked at room walked away! Room smelt bad didn't like the ambience of the place.certainly didn't look very clean or safe for the lone traveller. Luckily I found somewhere much nicer! Had ample parking. The staff were not inviting either.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank wendygray47
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and some friends booked a few rooms here for a short hunting trip. The rooms were so filthy that they demanded their money back (which they were given) and they stayed at another hotel. This group of hunters do not ask for much, their standards for accommodations are pretty low, so for them to leave, it had to be awful! While I agree that 'you get what you pay for' (rooms were cheap) no one should have to pay for a room with moldy, smelly carpets, broken toilets and stained sheets!
Find another hotel down the road...or sleep in your vehicle. You'd be better off.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank P J
Reviewed 5 September 2015

When we arrived, there was the police in the car park, the owner and a customer were in a quarrel. This obviously didn't give a good impression.
The room we got was very stinky due to rotten air conditioning and carpet. The towels were dirty and we found dead bugs on the bed, no way to sleep in there but there was no other room left, (only smoker rooms but they were strongly smelly as well), so we finally slept in the car as it was late and we didn't know where to find another hotel which would be acceptable.
At the end, we left the day after happy to be far away from that place. Better go to Danbury for 10 $ more you have an excellent hotel compared to this one.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple