“Great selections!”

Saeed's International Market
Ranked #60 of 155 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Love shopping here. Always leave with way more than I was coming in for. Can't say anything about the food that's prepared but the store has a little bit of everything for various preparation of ethnic food. Great olive oils, nuts, dried spices. If you can't find it, Mr Saheed will try to find it for you.

Reviewed 20 December 2015

Our first impression was how clean the place was. The place was one medium-sized place with open kitchen in one corner with a display case of foods at the front of the kitchen and around, refrigerator cages on the side, display shelves of sweets surrounding, and three or four isles of groceries, and finally a café of tables. I would suppose that one would buy foods from the kitchen, pay for them, and eat at the café.

We did buy two jars of Grape Leaves, a jar of Tahini, a container each of Humus, Taramosalata, and Baba Ghanoush to go. The person, presumably the owner and Saeed himself, was gracious and came out of the kitchen, literally spent 25 minutes explaining his takes on Middle Eastern foods. We learned great deal. We are going to make Humus, Taramosalta, and Baba Ghanoush and compare with the Saeed"s concoctions,

We will be back to try his foods at the café and acquire more groceries which we find almost impossible to find this Yankee neck of woods.

Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

I went in on a Tuesday and I thought there was no one there... Until I walked closer towards the deli and realized there were people working. I overheard one female worker talking about a sexual encounter to her other worker and thought to myself why is she talking so loud? I walked up to the deli and was asked if I needed help, I kindly responded no thank you I am just looking everything looks good The older female walked away and proceeded to tell her friend her story once again being very loud and still being vulgar about her sexual talk! I felt so awkward that I just left, and this is not the first time that I'VE been in this store and the same worker is telling a nasty story to a coworker... Saeeds your food is good but I think you need to have a talk with your employees about being discreet.

8  Thank turkishbaby
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

This place is poorly managed and worse the food is terrible. There are fly's and bugs in the condiments and is just really nasty. The employees are very polite but the manager is very disrespectful and racist. She degrades the employees and is poorly trained her self. I would not recommended this place to anyone it is by far the worst and the health department needs to shut it down.

3  Thank isaacrivera
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you like this kind of food, this is the best place around. Very nice staff, interesting market, excellent olive selection...the chicken gyro is the best sandwich in New London. Also a reliable source for vegan foods...