“Lovely Bridal Shower!”
Review of Atelier Florian

Atelier Florian
Reserve with OpenTable
Atelier Florian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 596 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter's bridal shower was held recently at Atelier Florian. It was a perfect afternoon...lovely setting in their upstairs dining area with large windows and a leafy view. The service, from manager Alexandria Peña, to Chris and Kat and the rest of the team, was friendly, attentive and flawless. The food was delicious...there were four entree choices along with delicious crudités, salad and chocolate mousse for dessert. They even recommended a terrific bakery for cupcakes!

Of you are looking for a party venue in New Haven, Atelier Florian is the perfect spot!

2  Thank dccrimmins

Reviewed 23 May 2017

So, I recently visited this great place with a large group during a very busy weekend for this restaurant. I booked it expecting a typical Belgian Beer place. Muscles, fun, great beer, a few specialties, but normally not in the fine dining category. Well, I was blown away. Firstly, the wine list was exceptional. While not exceedingly extensive, it offered so really great selections at really fair prices. I don't often drink wine with Belgian food because normally, the selection is poor, not here! The chef is inventive, the food is fresh and all fifteen of my guests raved about the flavors. So, this is a keeper and a must visit.

1  Thank jlstester
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We were a group of 6 who had dinner here on a Saturday night a few weeks ago. We were seated upstairs. My primary recollection, looking back after not too long, is that the service was very slow. Took 30 minutes until we were able to order appetizers. Took another hour after that for entrée to be served. Food was good, but not unforgettable. Waiter was pleasant. Room was pretty loud. Quite expensive for what you get. Not likely to return any time soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Where to start? How about with the host who didn't even look up when we came in, had a snooty entitled attitude even as we told him we had a reservation. I remember thinking to myself, "This had BETTER be good, buddy..."
We went upstairs, through a rather loud downstairs bar and seating area. We had a nice table, and after a bit someone brought us bread and butter, but there were no knives on the table. I looked at the next table, set for two and still empty, and no knives there either. I thought, "Somebody has a phobia here..."
We ordered drinks, appetizers and dinner for four when we saw the waitress. The rather limited menu was further limited by the unavailability of several entrees and one of the appetizers. By the way, there was one waitress for about a dozen or more tables upstairs. The drinks came and they were excellent: the high point of the evening actually.
The appetizers finally came and we enjoyed them okay. The oysters were acceptable and the crab dip was actually pretty good.
Then the wait began: After an hour-and-forty-five minutes (in which interval others sat down at tables near us and were served drinks, appetizers and dinner), we asked the waitress what was up. She complained to us about the kitchen and said it would be out as soon as possible. After another period of time in which we could have finished War and Peace AND Life on the Mississippi, we got another visit from the waitress, followed by a visit from a manager type person who said that she could buy us another round or comp the drinks we already had. Although the drinks were good, we declined more as we didn't want to be in any way incapacitated for the delectable repast that would finally come our way. (Don't we wish)
In the end after much more waiting, we got the appetizers comped too. Then the food finally came. The portions of gnocchi looked like they took one serving and split it in two (a pair of us ordered the gnocchi special). The lobster roll was tasteless and the roll was dry and the seafood pasta was also pedestrian at best.
Dessert? We were given a verbal list, which we contemplated while the waitress disappeared. When she returned we asked for the cobbler: "Oh, I'm sorry; we're out of the cobbler." WTF!? Perfect ending to the meal. So we had some complimentary stem-ware-served dessert that wasn't half bad and decided that was all we could take of this place, having felt like we had spent the whole week in there waiting for food.
Then the bill came and although they comped some of the drinks and appetizers, they didn't fulfill their promise, so we just HAD to correct this situation. I want to emphasize that we are EASY to please (I am as happy as a clam with decent food, my wife worked in a restaurant in NYC and both the other people are kind and forgiving folks) and absolved the waitress (pretty much) for her inability to get the kitchen on track. After the snooty entrance, the long wait and the so-so food, at a fairly hefty price, they won't have to worry about us 'darking their door' ever EVER again.

1  Thank ericlars0n
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Went during Restaurant Week April 2017 with my husband. I had the Jalapeño Margarita, I don't like 'sweet', but this could've used a tad more sweetness for a more traditional sweet/sour combination people come to expect in a margarita. I did like the heat and flavor. Lime garnish had 'turned' as Mater would say. Both first courses were excellent - Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad. Steak sandwich was neutral - not bad, not great. Fargoe Island Fish Burger (slider....small and not filling) was tasty enough, but not outstanding. Was uncooked in center - okay if just salmon, but I prefer cod cooked. Came back cooked perfect and was much better. Fries were good. Mini Chocolate Mousse was very mini - in an espresso cup. Mixed experience and tough to review b/c there is potential there. Due to the size of the slider and the dessert, it wasn't a huge value if for restaurant week if you're looking for a deal. I think it would serve everyone better as a full size sandwich considering the price.