“Craving Thai so we went here ”
Review of Rice Pot

Rice Pot
Ranked #101 of 586 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Not disappointed. Had fresh ginger dish with mushrooms and tofu. Positively delicious fresh grated ginger. Flavors are remarkable and not oily at all. Husband got drunken noodles and he devoured before I could get a photograph. We will be back!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

New Haven, and the surrounding area, has a number of options for Thai food. But a growing favorite of mine, for take away or sit down, is Rice Pot. The food is consistently delicious and the prices are reasonable. The restaurant may not be in downtown New Haven, but is worth the trip up State Street! I recommend the Hot Basil Fried Rice or the Panang Curry!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

First time at Rice Pot and completely satisfied. One of the best Thai meals I've had in a while and a great find in New Haven!

The restaurant has an extensive menu with a great variety. My boyfriend recommended the beef noodle soup ($12.95) and Duck Curry ($16.95) here and I was glad he did! Everything we had was amazing! The curry was packed with flavor and the duck was tender + juicy. It had just the right amount of kick to it without being overly spicy. The beef noodle soup was a bit sweet - a unique twist to the traditional broth. Overall, enjoyed everything we had and would love to try the other menu items.
Casual atmosphere and service is fast and efficient. We didn't have to wait on a Friday night. The staff was friendly, kind and extremely helpful!

Portions were generous. Would definitely come back again next time I am in New Haven.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We had not been there in a while. So we went on a spur of the moment. We had the spring rolls and shared two entrees. One was the pad thai and I cannot remember the other one, but it was spicy and offset the sweet pad thai. Service was fine, my water glass was always filled.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Consistent in quality. Great service.Quaint and cozy atmosphere. One of the best Thai in the general area.