“Good quality and authentic ”
Review of Cracovia

Cracovia
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in New Britain
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Little Poland in New Britain includes this little gem. Good daily specials and a set menu carry a vast variety of delicious food.
Soups are fresh, imported beers, and take out too.
Perogies are fried, stuffed cabbage is tasty and potato pancakes are just right, not greasy.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

Sufficiently close enough to the New Britain Museum of Art, we wanted to taste the flavors of Poland since that apparently includes food that many residents eat. I had the Taste of Poland platter. My husband had the Wiener Schnitzel. We tried Polish beers. local people greeted each other happily. Food was good. I especially found the Sauerkraut the best I had eaten, and similar to that which my Mother used to prepare from her German ancestry.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

When we hanker for good Polish food and find ourselves in New Britain, we usually head over to Cracovia restaurant for lunch. The restaurant is a no frills place that offers several tasty Polish and European dishes. Our orders are typically the same, a shared appetizer of potato pancakes with applesauce and sour cream, an order of stuffed cabbage, and an order of bigos ( a dish of seasoned cabbage, bits of pork and Polish sausage. ) We have never ordered dessert because we are too stuffed, but occasionally order a couple of Polish beers to complement our meal. The staff are very friendly and attentive, and the meals are reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

My wonderful meal at Crocovia brought me back to feasts at my grandmothers table. Blitzes, beet borscht, potato pancakes, all truly authentic, fabulous!

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Saw that Cracovia was the top rated polish restaurant in New Britain and so had high hopes (had been to another very nice polish restaurant in the neighborhood that was rated much lower). Service was pleasant enough. I had the polish platter and cheese blintz. Kolbasa was half burnt (perhaps that is polish style?), pirogi was ok (no option to boil or fry so deep fried, kind of a kentucky fried pirogi). Wife's potato pancakes were dry. Cheese blintz also overfried and dry. All in all, was expecting much more from the top polish restaurant in Little Poland, more like an american, deep fried version of polish food. Would recommend exploring other less highly rated restaurants in the neighborhood for truly authentic polish food.

1  Thank Rover8993