“Great Dine-In (or Out) Chinese Restaurant”

Great Taste Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 162 Restaurants in New Britain
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Loved it. My husband and I were looking for a dine-in Chinese restaurant which seem to have become hard to find, although there are plenty of take-outs. We found Great Taste online and tried it recently. The exterior is nice-looking but nothing over the top. However, the inside was very attractively decorated, had a welcoming atmosphere and was clean. Our dinners were delicious. I had the egg drop soup and shrimp egg foo young and my husband had the asparagus and chicken. We each brought some home to finish the next day. Service was excellent, from the maitre'd to our waiter. The white table clothes and waiters in black with white shirts are a "classic" touch but don't detract from the warm atmosphere. It was our first visit but it definitely won't be our last.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We were visiting the Litchfield area last weekend and ended up taking food out from this place. This place looked really amazing, really good ambiance - even though we did not dine, but it looked really good. We had the sweet and sour soup, egg drop soup, spring roll and vegetable lo mein, and all the preparation was really good.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

The reviews are correct about it being a nice looking Chinese food restaurant.

The food, however, is bland. I ordered the Jumbo Shrimp Szechuan Style. It’s a bright red sauce and very watery. There’s a slight kick at the end of your bite, but hardly noticeable. It’s more sweet than anything else. I also ordered the Garlic Chicken combo. This is also sweet. They coat the chicken and shrimp in some type of starch which I don’t care for. I asked for chili oil and didn’t find it to be spicy at all. Overall, the restaurant is mediocre at best. It’s not for someone who wants tasty food. I’m still hungry (no pun intended). I won’t be returning.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I have been going to this Restaraunt at least 6 times a year for 10 years.

I am embarrassed that I have not commented beforehand.

In all respects, food, ambiance, and service they are terrific.

The Peking Duck is outstanding. Moreover however is the sensational service!!!

A great NB option or anyone who likes Chinese food supported by Five Star service.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Just by looking in the outside you think this was you typical resteraunt because it's not really flashy, but then you walk inside...... it's absolutely gorgeous and I feel like everyone sitting at tables is dressed in suits and what not. The decor makes you feel as though you've walked into some time warp going from the streets of new Britain and into a palace of some sort. The food is also great. Beef and brocolli is always a favorite. The menu is pretty similar to most Chinese restaurants however it feels like they take better care when cooking it so it's not really oily or burnt