All reviews bedroom suite full kitchen front desk main building waffles hot tub home away from home pull out couch small kitchen free breakfast first floor kitchen area mystic area convenient location gas fireplace the hotel is clean comfortable stay
Reviewed 18 May 2016

We were only staying one night and wanted a little more space so decided on this hotel, i am so happy we did. The room was clean and spacious. All of the staff was extremely nice, but the highlight for me was the breakfast staff, i headed down with my toddler while my husband finished getting ready and packing up the room (toddlers can make a mess in a day). The staff was so nice, offering to bring more fruit for her, and chatting with her, they made us feel extremely welcome and i would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Laurenm6
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Our suite was very spacious and comfortable and even though we were only there one night it was quite a relaxing getaway! We were within walking distance of a couple of good restaurants and the Mystic Seaport Shops.

Stayed: May 2016
2  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 13 May 2016

A nice suite; spacious with kitchenette that has everything you need from utensils, dish washer, fridge, pots and plates, and more. Very clean. I tried to book a king size bed, but it seems like a queen size bed is the largest you can get. I requested extra pillows at the reservation and they did not seem to pay attention to that. I guess you have to request it when you check in again??!! They have an indoor pool and jacuzzi which was nice after a long day of shopping and exploring the area. One of the telephones in my room did not work when I tried calling the front desk and I was told they would come and fix it the next day. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast is better than in most hotels; they have hard boiled eggs, other standard stuff, as well as walnuts, almonds and nutella, which made my day. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Love_To_Go_Placesl
Reviewed 5 May 2016

This is a great hotel if you have a large group. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. The room was a bit smaller than expected, but it had a nice kitchen and each bedroom had a bathroom. One of the toilets would not stop running and sounded like the shower was on, which was very annoying. Also worth noting, but not of utmost importance, there was not an iPod dock or a way to play music through the tv. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The daily breakfast was also wonderful. The rooms do have Wifi that you can connect to however I was unable to get it to work on my smart phone. It also seems to be a bit of a dead zone for Verizon and was not able to get much service at all within the room.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank UpstateChester
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I can't say enough good things about this place. After a couple of really horrible experiences with other inns in the area, the staff was welcoming and accommodating. It was 630 am and we were bedraggled and frustrated. The staff invited us to enjoy their fantastic breakfast buffet, even though we weren't checked in yet. They prepared a room for us as quickly as possible and then called to let us know it was ready and we could check in early. The suite was immaculate and attractive, as we have found with all the Residence Inns we have stayed in. It's a bit pricey, but sometimes it's nice to splurge and treat yourself.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank t0ralynn
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Residence Inn Mystic Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear t0ralynn,

Thank you for taking the time to go on TripAdvisor and share your comments about your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott, Mystic. It is always great to hear comments like yours from our guests. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the breakfast buffet fantastic and your hotel guest suite to be immaculate and attractive. I have passed along your comments to the associates and they to were excited to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that they were involved in making that happen. Comments like yours encourage all of us to continue to deliver service that guests will remember and write about. We hope that the next time you visit the Mystic area you will choose to stay with us again so we can continue to exceed your expectations.

Anthony Covino