“Pit stop for a drink”
Review of Engine Room

Engine Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Engine Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 107 Restaurants in Mystic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the beautifully restored Lathrop Marine Engine building with views of the Mystic River, we feature sixteen craft beers on tap, the area's largest bourbon selection, craft cocktails, a full wine list and a menu of locally sourced, creative American comfort food, with a focus on America's most beloved dish, the burger. Welcome to the table.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We were exploring Mystic when we ran into this space. We sat at the bar and enjoyed a beer and drink. The bar is beautiful! The bartendar was super nice and served our drinks quickly. Will definately try a meal the next time we are there.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Restaurant has a unique atmosphere. There were many tables ofI what looked like friends and some were co-workers. I sat at the bar and Mark was nice and helpful. I am not a beer drinker, but if you are, this is the place for you as they had many types of micro-brews. I ordered hamburger which had an interesting type of cheese (not your ordinary American cheese). I had a glass of wine, which I thought was pricey $13 I thought. Burgers are $14-$16

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We were greeted immediately upon entering the Engine Room restaurant. Service was excellent throughout our experience here. We had drinks, the Mussel appetizer and two different entrees. The catch of the day was deep fried Haddock. It was served with a unique sauce...not Tartar and and unusual but delicious slaw. The title off the entree portion of the menu is titled, "Not your mother's cooking "...very appropriate.

Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Not enough of a selection. Was my only complaint. The staff was friendly. Prices were reasonable. My burger was nothing special I could have gotten it that way anywhere. But the fries and onion rings were great. It was packed. We waited an hour and were disappointed with the menu. Maybe I'm spoiled but to me it was just your average eatery.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Midweek at mid-afternoon we stopped in for a late lunch. The wood tables, walls and floor gave this place a warmth that felt nice to sit and relax. There were people enjoying libations and conversation at the bar and also couples and families dining at tables; we chose the high table with a very comfortable cushioned seat and a chair. The left side of the restaurant had seating where you could watch the kitchen staff cook though it is a much louder area. There were tables outside as well, but it was too hot.
Our waiter, Jordan, gave us prompt service and was very pleasant. My husband ordered a swordfish sandwich with macaroni salad which was quite tasty. He said the swordfish was smoked and the bun was really good. The blueberry shake was a delicious treat made with their homemade frozen yogurt with crumbled toppings. My chopped salad included many interesting things including cooked carrots, cornbread croutons and a small amount of chicken. I would have preferred to have the dressing on the side and the romaine lettuce colder however it was still good. We tried the blueberry lemon square for dessert and found the taste very mild with a very thick crust.
We left satisfied from lunch at the Engine Room.

Been to Engine Room? Share your experiences!