All reviews pancake machine across the street front desk mystic village hi express pool and hot tub cinnamon rolls free breakfast yogurt the breakfast area would stay here again parking lot rooms are large short drive steak loft first floor mini fridge
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The rooms here are awesome now! They are huge with all new updates in the room and bathroom. Very nice and very clean. The location has always been great, very close to all attractions. Now, the hotel is new and updated with one of the biggest rooms I have stayed in, perfect for families or to just spread out during a stay. We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

When we travel we always have motel reservations booked in advance. As part of a one month driving trip I had made a reservation for September 28th at the Mystic Holiday Inn Express back in June at a rate of $225.
When my wife plugged in the address to get driving directions it showed a rate of $99. Upon arrival I told the person at the check in desk about my reservation price and the price we had seen earlier in the day.
She said we got the best available rate at the time we booked the reservation but since the current rate was lower that would be the rate we would be charged.
I had anticipated that I would be charged the $225 rate and would have no recourse, so I was very pleasantly surprised to learn we would be charged $99.
Kudos to Holiday Inn Express for meaning it when they say "Best Available Rate".

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Great location. Right off the highway, although we did not hear it. Near major attractions and a bunch of restaurants. Place looked like new. We had to change our reservation, and the staff was very helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Mystic in August 2017. Our fam of 5 stayed in a large 1 bedroom suite so we had plenty of space. The whole hotel was recently renovated so that was a plus, but I wouldn't say the reno job was done with precision (doors wouldn't shut, etc). That being said the room was clean and exactly what we needed (2 TVs!). We'd likely stay there again if needed.

Location: across the street from Mystic Village and about 1 mile from Mystic Seaport. Just a little further away from "downtown" mystic where the drawbridge is. Not really walkable but that didn't bother us.

Staff: No complaints, they were friendly, helpful, and nice.

Cleanliness: acceptable, EXCEPT for the morning breakfast on Saturday. It was pretty crowded in the lobby and the staff didn't keep up with the mess. I've seen "free breakfast" hotels manage better.

Room tip: Large suites are good for bigger families (>2 kids)
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mereabr
Kate K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Mereabr,
Thank you for tour helpful feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience with weekend breakfast and a room door. Both of these issues are under review. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Hotel Staff

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This brand new Holiday Inn Express is designed in the ultra modern European style with clean lines and fantastic amenities such as a huge flat screen TV, a Keurig, REAL room-darkening shades, and a super comfy king bed. The room itself was the most spacious of any non-suite room I've ever stayed in. The hotel has an excellent fitness room and a small but adequate indoor pool. Breakfast was the usual self-serve but included many hot items and a cute automatic pancake maker. My only small criticism is that there aren't enough handicapped parking spots. I have a temporary handicap placard due to a foot issue and had to park on the far side of the building and walk all the way around. The Inn is only a couple of minutes from all the attractions at Mystic Seaport.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Cathy R
Kate K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Cathy R,
Thank you for an excellent review and for sharing your experience of your stay with us. We have shared your feedback with the team and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,