“Great Japanese”

Johnny's Peking Tokyo
Ranked #19 of 104 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I do not do reviews, but I have to make an exception. PT has Japanese, Chinese, and "Fusion" cuisine. We ate mostly Japanese. My tempura was very good. My wife's fried chicken over rice was different and again very good. My grandkids, who travel to Japan every summer to visit their grandma and who love all things Sushi said the Sushi and Sashimi were among the best they've had in the U.S. -- and we live in the San Francisco Bay area! We also had a bit of "fusion", scallion pancakes that were flaky and flavorful and a lobster eggroll that was quite delicious. We did not try any Chinese, so cannot speak to that. The cocktails we tried were also very good, and service on a quiet Sunday night was excellent.

You can of course check their online menu, but I thought prices were quite reasonable for the quality. The ambiance was nothing special, but I would certainly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a good dinner and perhaps even something new among the myriad fish, burger, and pizza joints that grace this tourist town.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Always have a great lunch here. Only bummer was no kids menu - thankfully my son ate most of his adult meal.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

By far, the most incredible sushi I have ever eaten. Each plate is a work of art. Ken goes to great lengths to explain everything. Definitely a place to return to every time I am in Mystic.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon lunch here on a Friday and enjoyed the house special roll very much. Good service too!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

GREAT place for Asian food!
Appetizers we're delicious. Super selection of sushi and sashimi. Excellent service and ambiance! We loved it; will go back soon - there's so much to try.

This is a truly hidden gem in Mystic