“Waterfront dining with varied menu”
Review of S & P Oyster Co

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Had a fun and delicious lunch with friends on Christmas Eve day. We enjoyed having a table with a window overlooking the river. Had a wonderful meal served to us by friendly and helpful servers. A good place to go as a couple or with friends and family.

1  Thank Mary H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,731)

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Clam chowder filet mignonette roasted veggie salad with shrimp all cooked to perfection. Great service and we both had heavenly desserts.

1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Read great reviews about this place and was excited to enjoy some oysters and other items that sound and looked delicious. However they do not make reservations but take priority time which they said is like reservations. I called around 5pm for seating at 7pm, they had nothing until 930 pm yet they make no reservations. I spoke with Joe over the phone whom stated if we come before 7 we should be ok wait no longer tops 1 hr as wait will not be that long at that time I called 5ish or so. So my husband raced over which was a 15 min drive and the place was packed, a gentleman there with his wife stated he has been waiting 1 hr 45 mins so good luck!! I get to front and the lady told me it is a 2 hr 30 min wait mat be longer. What the heck, I would never wait that long for no place. They need to figure out a better system that opens up the wait time, I have never heard of a wait that long even for the best place on earth. Something is not working at their establishment and should be looked over. Wish we could've tried the food. So this review is solely on the wait and communications of the restaurant.

2  Thank jilly912
Reviewed 28 February 2017

We had dinner at the S&P Oyster Co in Mystic on a Sunday evening. We sat by the window that overlooked the river, a beautiful setting with the lights of downtown sparkling. Our servers were very pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. Our tastes are simple and the meal we had was very good. The cod loin was nicely presented and light and tasty. The potatoes were a little bland and could have used a little more seasoning.
My husband had the scallops and pasta that was very tasty with a little kick. We are not desert eaters so I cannot comment on any.
We truly enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was quiet and quaint looking over the water. We had oysters and calamari! Both were very filling. Will definitely go back to try the full menu!

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!