“Rather high priced”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Prices were kinda high, but we expected it. This was the first time we had been here, but there seems to be a concerted effort to turn a new page because there were notices of "under new management" and "see our new menu" everywhere we looked.

Food was good...of course we had seafood!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing. But the best was the service. One of the best waitresses I have ever had at a nice restaurant. She was absolutely the best! The seafood was amazingly fresh. Will definitely be back every time I come to mystic.

1  Thank Thomas_Cuccio_Jr
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I am a vegetarian and there wasn't anything on the menu that I could eat. The chef immediately said he could make me a special pasta dish. It was homemade spaghetti primavera with fresh vegetables. It was amazing!!!!
If you are ever in Mystic, CT you must come for lunch or dinner. It's outstanding!

1  Thank Pumbacrs
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to try the Ancient Mariner's happy hour and we were happy we did! Our waiter James was wonderful. There was a fun and lively crowd in the bar, yet we had a little intimate two seat table bar side. We had an assortment of food: peel & eat shrimp excellently seasoned, a crab cake slider, arancini (fried rice balls on marinara), and friend calamari. Washed it down with beer -- perfection. The price was very right at happy hour. A good time was had by all. The manager stopped by our table too. This is a place that knows how to cook seafood and cares about their patrons.

1  Thank PathLeastTraveled3
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My wife and I were torn on where to eat one night so we decided on here and definitely didn't regret it. The interior is very nicely done but a little dark. The food was fabulous. We started off with the calamari, which was some of the best that we have ever had. It was tender, seasoned and cooked perfectly. For entrees my wife had the lobster shrimp ravioli and I had the scallops. My wife described the raviolis as "pockets of summer goodness". They were light, flavorful and you could tell that they were made fresh. The scallops were sweet, buttery and covered with ritz crackers. Kudos to the chef for cooking them perfectly. Overall the best meal that we had during our stay.

Been to Ancient Mariner? Share your experiences!