“First Timer”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I have a few friends around the country who have praised Five Guys burgers as being really tasty. There isn’t one near where I live yet but while I am away I look for one to try out. I got lucky this weekend and there was a Five Guys near the hotel I was staying.
Walking into the restaurant was like stepping into the past. The place was decorated in a 50’s drive in restaurant style. Pallets of fresh potatoes and peanuts where sitting in the middle of the service area. The kitchen was completely open and could be seen from the service area.
The staff was friendly and pleasant. It was a bit later in the evening when I went in for dinner so it was relatively quiet. I had a very short wait to place my order but there was a box of peanuts available for munching on while waiting.
Not a large menu to choose from, but when you are going into a burger joint that is what you are going to get, burgers. On top of the list of burger choices there are a couple of hot dogs to choose from and of course fresh cut, fresh fried, French fries.
A cheese burger and fries where my choice for dinner this evening. The list of condiments and add ons for the burger was substantial, my choice was the standard lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo. A large fry finished off my meal. Both the burger and fries where cooked to order.
The burger was hot and juicy, cooked to medium well, with plenty of cheese on the burger. The bun was nice and fresh with just a bit of firmness to the body. The fries where hot and fresh, with just the right amount of salt on them. When the order was being put together I saw that after the order was put in the bag an extra scoop of fries where put in on top of the order.
A must try for anyone who enjoys burgers and fries.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

My family visited for dinner. The food was excellent. My son ordered a burger on just lettuce and was happy with it. My husband ordered a burger which was not served with our meal because the waiter must have misunderstood. They did gladly make the burger at no charge. It was a very pleasant experience for us.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

A good fast food alternative. The burgers and fries were very good. It was a nice place for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Very disappointed due to all rave reviews. Burger was very dry.. I got lettuce when I didn't order any and I didn't get onions that I ordered. Fries were good. Won't return.

1  Thank Chompchomp2017
Reviewed 11 December 2016

For a quick lunch in the mystic area we went to grab two dogs and fries.
Everything was great, the dogs are full of taste and the fries are excellent.