“Must tries!”
Review of Sift Bake Shop

Sift Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Mystic
Description: Sift Bake Shop is a French focussed bakery offering artisanal breads, breakfast pastries, savory items, and speciality pastries. Sift also offers catering opportunities, and a signature cake menu. All items are baked fresh daily, and from scratch in our exhibition kitchen.
Reviewed 7 November 2018

OMG! The Olive Oil cake is beyond delicious! The focaccia bread is the best we have ever tried! Add to these wonderful culinary experiences, great service!...and you have a must-do experience while you are in Mystic!

Date of visit: September 2018
SIFT_Mystic, Owner at Sift Bake Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Linda K,

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the kind comments on the bakery and friendly team! Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

My husband and I recent spent five days in Mystic for a mini-honeymoon. We visited Sift twice (sad we didn't make it all five days). Chef Adam Young does bakery items the right way! Everything is so beautiful and delicious! For me Chef's are celebrities and I had a fan girl moment. Adam was so kind and took a photo with us. Do not pass up a croissant (we had ham & cheese and chocolate). By far the best I've ever had. Depending on when you go you may need to wait in line but it is worth it! The staff is all so friendly and helpful! Definitely worth a stop if you're in downtown Mystic.

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear Dara,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, and congrats on your recent wedding! We truly appreciate the multiple visits, and so glad you were able to meet Adam as well. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback, and please come see us again soon!

Warmly,

Ebbie

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

As a local, I have the blessing of being able to pop into Sift any given day.
I have always been pleased by the quality of goods and well as quality ofs service. There are beautifully executed pastries to tempt your sweet tooth .... opera cake, macarons, almond mousse croissants. Each one more delicous than the next. A small box of assorted macarons is one of my favorite items to pick up as a hostess gift.
But Sift is not only pretty pastries. Most frequently, I pop in for a fresh baguette or pain de epi to serve with dinner. I love having fresh bread right up the street. What is more delicous and honey than some warm bread with olive oil or honey ?
Sift does offer a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, and various breakfast goodies as well as coffee and tea to suit your needs.
The line can build in the peak season (especially since Adam won America's Best Baker this year) but it is worth the wait.
My go to stop for fresh bread, my favorite downtown coffee and muffin haunt, and great in the go gift options. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: November 2018

Dear Inspiration314179,

Thank you so much for the very kind review! As a local, we can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your kind feedback with future visitors. We always love seeing the same familiar faces at the bakery, and we are so very grateful for your local support. Thank you again for the wonderful review and kind words! See you soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We were spending the day in Mystic and were looking for a place for a nice latte on a crisp November morning. Upon entering SIFT, the line was quite long but we were in no hurry and once I saw the case of amazing baked goods I knew we were in the right place and it was worth the wait. While waiting in line I saw a baker and was like, ," Hey, I recognize that guy from the Food Network", and of course the baker was Adam Young, winner of Best Baker in America. This visit we only got lattes however they were delicious and every baked good in the place was gorgeous. It was our intention to stop on our way out of town and get some pastries, but time got away from us and that did not happen.

Date of visit: November 2018

Dear RocklandKris,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! So glad you were able to visit us, and enjoyed your lattes. Fall is such a lovely time to visit Mystic, and we will hope to welcome you soon next time you're in Mystic!

Owners, Sift Bake Shop

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We had a Carrot Cake dessert and a super good Almost Croissant. Both were absolutely delicious. So good!! Yes, this place rocks.

Date of visit: October 2018
SIFT_Mystic, Owner at Sift Bake Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear GGWD,

Many thanks for the awesome review! So glad you liked the carrot cake and almond croissant, and appreciate the love! Please come back and see us again soon!

Warmly,

Owner, Sift Bake Shop

Been to Sift Bake Shop? Share your experiences!