“Very unlike most Chinese food places”
Review of China Gourmet

China Gourmet
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Milldale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I love this place. I would have never known it was there had not a co-worker told me. They don't deliver, but it's worth the drive to pick it up. The food is less greasy and just tastes a bit more authentic than your standard American Chinese restaurant. I've never eaten in the dining room there. It looks a little small and it's usually empty. If you go & like egg rolls, it's a must try!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Have heard some many wonderful things about this place and we were VERY disappointed. I ordered a hot & spicy dish. The waitress told me it was hot & spicy & I told her that is what I wanted. The meal comes, it is not even close to being hot or spicy. In fact, it had very little sauce on it. My husband's meal was just as bad. We did not finish our meals & told the waitress we were not happy with the meals.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 5 August 2016

The food is amazing. The owners are wonderful and all food is cooked to order. The tea selection is amazing

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Best Chinese food in the area. Fresh, authentic & made to order. Nothing is pre made or reheated. Very small place with about 7 tables. We've only done take out. When I went in for the first visit, the owner gave me a print out of the history of the chef. Very cool. Try this place out. I don't think you can eat in on Saturdays do to volume, so call first.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank itskat58
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Small restaurant with a big story and good food. Take time to read the history on this chef. Food is excellent and sauces are unique and savory. Can eat in on some days but mostly takeout.

Date of visit: February 2016