“High Expectations not meet.”
Review of China Gourmet

China Gourmet
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Milldale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Have heard some many wonderful things about this place and we were VERY disappointed. I ordered a hot & spicy dish. The waitress told me it was hot & spicy & I told her that is what I wanted. The meal comes, it is not even close to being hot or spicy. In fact, it had very little sauce on it. My husband's meal was just as bad. We did not finish our meals & told the waitress we were not happy with the meals.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 5 August 2016

The food is amazing. The owners are wonderful and all food is cooked to order. The tea selection is amazing

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Best Chinese food in the area. Fresh, authentic & made to order. Nothing is pre made or reheated. Very small place with about 7 tables. We've only done take out. When I went in for the first visit, the owner gave me a print out of the history of the chef. Very cool. Try this place out. I don't think you can eat in on Saturdays do to volume, so call first.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank itskat58
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Small restaurant with a big story and good food. Take time to read the history on this chef. Food is excellent and sauces are unique and savory. Can eat in on some days but mostly takeout.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I drove by Rochambeau Mall many times never knowing there was this little jewel of a restaurant tucked in the back corner until an acquaintance recommended it. It has become my go to Chinese restaurant in the area. Everything is cooked to order and I’ve enjoyed every single dish I’ve tried. I use them mostly for take-out and they do a fantastic business with that. It’s a family owned restaurant and due to the take-out demand, eat-in service may require some waiting and will have specific times when they do serve, so call ahead. The good part is that it’s BYOB.

Date of visit: September 2015