“Awesome lobster roll!”

Lobster Hut
Ranked #5 of 267 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I read about this place in the recent AAA newsletter. I am always looking for a good lobster roll so I made the 30 minute ride to check it out. Well worth the trip. It checked all the boxes for me. Perfectly toasted hot dog bun, plenty of lobster that was well cooked with just a little bit of butter.

Was it the best lobster roll I have ever had? I can't say that for sure, but if it wasn't the best ever...it is in the conversation. Darn good.

I had the platter and substituted the onion rings for the fries so it came with onion rings and cole slaw. The rings and slaw were ok, but nothing special. But for me, when I get a lobster roll, that is the star. The sides are just a supporting act so unless they are bad it doesn't take away from the overall experience. The sides were not bad...just nothing special.

I will be back, even having to take the 30 minute ride up I-95.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

The lobster was ok for a food truck. The lobster was cooked in salt water. Nothing special. I felt as if there wasn't anything special as the lobster roll was presented in aluminum foil. I thought $20.95 was high for a food truck that didn't wow me. I was expecting a lobster roll that I couldn't find anywhere else and I could have just bought a lobster and did the same thing in the comfort of my home without the picnic table full of ants.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

On our way back from a weekend on Long Island, we stopped at The Lobster Hut after leaving the Bridgeport Ferry. We went based on the reviews we had read on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. I had the lobster roll and my wife had the lobster salad--cold lobster roll--both were excellent. They were filled with a generous amount of sweet claw meat and priced reasonably at $17.50.

The only drawback is that you are right on Route One as opposed to the shore.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Omg I can't say enough about this little gem! Lobster rolls, nice and warm, gently coated in butter on a warm and toasty bun! I've driven by this shack for several years before someone told me how great it was... Don't make the same mistake as me!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

This is crazy! Lived in Milford, 5 mins. From the Lobster Hut--never tried it. Then my mom and I went and split twin got rolls! All claw meat! Delishh!
Went back tried a cold one. Delushhhh! All claw meat w/ just a small amount of mayo and a bit of lemon taste.
The are $17.50 each but the amount of lobster and they use 90% claw meat!
Must go!
Just a lobster truck and 3 old picnic benches. The only lobster that tastes like a TRUE MAINE (cold water/sweet) I have tasted other than MAINE!
A must go staple of Milford on Bridgeport Ave.!!

Been to Lobster Hut? Share your experiences!