All reviewshampton innbreakfast was excellentoff the highwayclean roomscomplimentary breakfastfresh fruithave stayed here several timesnew havenstay there againthe breakfast areaconvenient locationfitness roomup to datefront desk staffbed was comfortableoatmealnice stay
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We've stayed here in the past, usually on our way to NYC. The rate was a reasonable $89 and this time we got our Hilton Honors points. Last time we stayed we did not get our points and if you look at my previous review of this hotel, you will see the manager responded that it was because I booked through a third party. That is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE, I never use third party booking websites and ALWAYS use Hilton.com or my mobile Hilton app. She should have been able to tell that by looking at my reservation before she responded inaccurately and I think was trying to make an easy excuse. Check-in was quick, clerk friendly but she failed to honor my room preferences in my account for a high floor and put me in a first floor room. I was too tired to go back and have everything re-done so I just stayed in the room. The room felt damp and smelled musty, but everything else was fine in the room and I slept good. It was quiet and comfortable. The toaster at breakfast did not work, even after pushing my English muffin down twice (it never toasted). I will stay here again as the issues were minor.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Hilton Honors Champion at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear LocalMe15,
We are so glad you did enjoy your most recent stay with us. Always book direct with Hotel or thorough Official Hampton or Hilton websites to ensure best delivery of Hilton Honors points and benefits. We appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Member! While every effort is made to honors Guest preferences regarding room assignments, they are based upon availability and when unavailable a similar room is assigned. We are delighted to hear you will plan to stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Beautiful location with all the major restaurants nearby..Room was good, well decorated. Quick check in process. Courteous staff. Breakfast spread is good to have. Perfect for a peaceful and enjoyable weekend stay.

Stayed: April 2017
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Hilton Honors Champion at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear NehaPriya,

Thank you for sharing your Guest experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. At Hampton by Hilton, we love having you here and it shows. Our staff truly appreciates your recognition. We are pleased that you were able to explore some of the local restaurants in our area. There are a good variety of food types and they are all very good. We hope you return to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Location and service were good but room condition was not up to Hilton product standards. Next time would probably opt for Hilton Garden Inn in Wallingford but room not available there this trip. Property needs upgrade

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Steven G
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Hilton Honors Champion at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Steven G,
Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton for your recent stay in Meriden, CT. We are glad you found our location convenient and received the friendly and helpful service our Hampton by Hilton is famous for. While our building design is an older style, we offer clean and comfortable surroundings at a great value. All mattresses, pillows and linens are Hampton brand standards provided by Hilton Hotels. We hope you will come visit us again in the near future when you are in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

This is a slightly older Hampton Inn. While it needs a little TLC, it is very clean and the price is much less than the others in the area. I would definitely recommend asking for a room away from the highway as the side that faces the highway is quite loud. The nearby Spoonshoppe is a great place to buy whole belly clams and lobster rolls, but they close at 6 pm so go early

Room Tip: ask for a room on the Bee street side
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Hilton Honors Champion at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear faykoko,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. While our actual building is an older style, our guest rooms feature all modern guest amenities in the clean and comfortable surroundings our Lighthouse Brand is famous for. Right at the intersection of three major highways, we are centrally located near restaurants, shopping, attractions and three highly reputable Universities. Book early if possible for best room type selection.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Was treated so greatly by all and I do mean by all employees at this hotel. They were there for me and I have a handicapped spouse. They made it so easy for me to do what I needed to do to have a nice vacation. TY TY TY Will be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton-Inn-Meriden, Hilton Honors Champion at Red Roof Inn Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear 706judithr,

Our staff was so glad to be a part of making your vacation together a big success. We are committed to making sure every guest is Happy with their stay with us. Friendly, authentic, caring and thoughtful service is what our Hamptonality is all about. We are looking forward to your next visit. Please make it soon.