“Mixed review here”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2018

While traveling, we had supper here. Spouse had the veal parmigiana and I had the eggplant parmigiana. Both portions were very generous. Spouse said veal was excellent; eggplant so-so. I have a feeling that their specialty is the pizzas they serve. Server very friendly and entres reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I treated my friend out to lunch at Lido’s last week. Shannon was our waitperson and she was excellent, warm and friendly. We were blown away by the $7.50 lunch specials. We each got the shrimp, sun dried tomatoes and artichokes in a creamy pink sauce over pasta. We were amazed at the portions, 1 lb. of pasta on each plate. I had a salad and my friend had an antipasto which was very generous. The food was excellent! A return visit is on the bucket list.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I gave it a three due to the fact it is not consistent. One time an excellent meal and the next so so. They need to improve that.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I've lived in Meriden for 17 years, but realized I rarely ever eat out in this town. Why, I asked myself. Why do I always drive into a neighboring town for dinner? Because of the overriding impression I've gleaned over the years that there are no good restaurants here. My trip to Lido's last night served to illustrate: I ordered eggplant parmigiana and a small garden salad. The salad was fine. The eggplant dish was nothing more than a huge plate of fried eggplant slices layered one on top of another and topped with sauce, a smidgen of mozzarella and another ladle of sauce and finished under the broiler. There are a lot better places for eggplant parm. Trackside tops the list. They bake the dish in the oven and it's served bubbling hot with plenty of cheese in a casserole dish.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This place never disappoints. It is casual and simple and the food is delicious. My favorites are the NY style calamari, Dominic salad, and the lobster ravioli. The sangria comes in a giant goblet and it’s the best. The service is adequate and the prices are reasonable.

It checks all of the boxes for me!