All reviews grab and go no frills front desk staff hot water room was clean bee street mini kitchen free wifi esa highway muffins towels nyc
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

When I was making the reservations over the phone the representative couldn't hear me & could barely hear him. The phone was breaking up bad & it wasn't my phone.he spelled my name incorrectly. I had to call the hotel to diz the spelling so I would be able to check in. The room phone did not work so I had to go to the front desk & notify the front desk clerk whom was playing on her phone (visibly) that I could not close my window. The soda machine was not accepting cash. I've had better stays at this hotel. I'm not pleased with the lowsly service

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your service expectations. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I will be coaching our front desk staff on our reservation and check-in procedures. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at hme@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

This hotel can be described as:
Clean
No frills
Blue collar
Friendly responsive staff
Medium low noise levels (awakened by noise one time in four months)
Low to medium comfort beds.
Good value for the price paid
Central location to Hartford and New Haven.

I stayed here while transferring to a new job in the area. I have made heavy use of temporary living accommodations in 22 US states and 5 foreign countries over the course of a 35 year career. That is the reference I use in this review.

The one negative is that the mattresses are not comfortable. I am 250 lb and 6"-2", and the inadequate resilience of the mattresses in the two rooms I occupied left me with sore spots and overall less than great quality of rest. For $50 more per night, I could stay at a place that offers high end mattresses, and I chose to balance comfort with utility. Nevertheless, I would like to see ESA do better on their beds.

I am away all day working and spend only one or two weekends per month here. I joined a nearby health club ($10.00/ month Planet Fitness, very good), I have no need for amenities beyond the kitchenette, laundry, WIFI, and a clean quiet room.

Many of the other guests are blue collar working men. My dealings with these men are respectful and reserved. I think that single women or women with children may be uncomfortable in this environment. This opinion was expressed to me by a woman friend who travels for business. She left another ESA location near Philadelphia after two nights and moved to a Residence Inn. I see her concern.

My 13 year old son visited one week with his cousin. The TV has the appropriate connections for the Wii and X Box, making them completely happy, and the WIFI worked for their phones and iPods. I put the on site laundry to use We ate all of our meals here, and I was able to pack their lunches. It was a positive experience.

Room Tip: They have propane grille. Check in advance to make sure there is gas.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank John_O_H2002
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Not a bad location. Not far from grocery store and local eateries. The room was fine nothing spectacular and very much as what was expected. We only stayed for a night so it was exactly what we needed. The staff was kind and check out was easy. The only complaint was the running toilet. At times the handle had to be jiggled to stop the running water. The other thing was the ridiculously loud fan in the bathroom. But that was more of an annoyance. Overall if I had to I would go back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

I was pleased with my accommodations. The staff was very friendly and assisted me in a timely manner. I needed to check in early due to an out of state wedding and that wasn't a problem here. I highly recommend this establishment.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I have stayed and stayed and stayed... the more you stay the less you pay! The staff has met every need, even my dog is welcome. While looking to buy a home in the future Extended Stay has been a great option for me. The management and staff make you feel like you are at home. Natalie Calabrese the General Manager does all she can to let everyone know they are welcome and even, remembered my birthday which made me feel special. I highly recommend Extended Stay Meriden-Harford for all of your travels to the Hartford area. Its central location is remarkable right on all the major highways, rooms are very clean, no bugs, just a cozy room that has the feeling of home.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo