Lowest prices for your stay
US$137
US$128
Hotels.comUS$137
HIExpress.comUS$137
Lol.travelUS$158
All reviews room was clean broad street hot breakfast shower head pillows microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2021 via mobile

Split personality hotel

There’s surely a good angel & a bad angel struggling in the employee’ lounge.

On the evil side, Room 336 should be retired & buried. It was my worst hotel room in recent history:

-Dim lights
-“Knock-knock housekeeping!” when “Do Not Disturb” sign up
-Early 11AM Checkout
-Freezer smelled of rotten meat & was unplugged
-Noisy HVAC sounded like a cement mixer
-Air struggled to cool, & never won the battle
-Curtains cover air flow. I had to strategically placed flip-flops to help the above mentioned struggling air conditioning
-Ironing board collapsed
-Microwave: missing glass turntable, smells like burning wires. (Did you ever try to balance a cup on those three spokes?) My tea tasted like burnt electronics & I had to discard it

The hotel get 3 stars instead if 1 because:

-Best free breakfast selection ever! Every possible healthy (and unhealthy) choice
-Huge trays provided so you can take the breakfast up to bed.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cross-Culture-Maven
Rekha Patel, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2022

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. We are so sorry to hear you had challenges during your stay. We take pride in our hotel and we have fallen short your expectation during your stay. We definitely have addressed all your concerns and have rectified them as soon as we heard. We hope in the future you will come stay with us and give us a second chance.

Regards,
Management

Reviewed 12 July 2021

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Meriden, 2104 N. Broad Street
Meriden, CT 6450 US

Always a great place to stay while in the Hartford Connecticut area. The service from Nicholas Gosselin, General Manager and especially Parnell Richardson was exceptional. Would strongly recommend this hotel for the rooms, pricing and comfort. Also outstanding breakfast selection each and every day

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Fields J

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a five-star review! We take pride in knowing our customers are happy with their experience at our hotel. We also appreciate the positive accolades gave to our staff. Thanks for your support,we really appreciate it!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Management

Reviewed 9 July 2021

We booked this with friends. We needed two rooms for the 4 of us. The property is isolated from most conveniences. A 15 minute drive can get you most places. The room we were in had a strange smell, like tobacco and cinnamon. The A/C unit made such a terrible noise and was not efficient. The bathroom was ok, but the tub was obviously one of those cheap overlay ones because it made a terrible creaking noise when stepped into. The shower head had such pathetic water pressure. I could see all the limescale build up on it. The good points were mostly friendly staff, parking availability and the to go breakfast options. While the hot breakfast was adequate it was nothing to write home about. This property really needs some refurbishments.

Date of stay: July 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2021

Hello Millisent32,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We're determined to provide guests with a pleasant lodging experience at all times, and I am sorry to learn that the condition of some in-room amenities fell below expectations. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I am positive that the measures that will be taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 June 2021 via mobile

We booked this room for a week. It was NEVER cleaned. We took out our own trash on 2 occasions, only received clean towels by going to the front desk. There was a Keurig but no coffee , we ran out of toilet paper and conditioner- but when no one cleans your room, how would anyone know? Between my husband and I we made 4 trips to the front desk and were told on one occasion that “when the hotel is full we don’t have enough towels to go around! “Notes for the housekeeping staff and manager were left by the two women who covered some nights- they were embarrassed but little they could do except report and clearly we got no response. While when we checked in everything was clean and the room was very nice that ended our positive experience. A shame really- we regularly travel to CT and would love to find a “go to” place to stay. This was not it.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rocking01
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2021

Hello Rocking01,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're determined to provide guests with a complete yet safe lodging experience. I am sorry to learn about your disappointment with the housekeeping services. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, as a reference for the improvement of the services offered. I trust that the steps that will be taken will improve your next visit with us. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 May 2021

I usually stay pretty frequent for business and leave during the day for meetings and can sometimes hear the GM talk smack about his own employees to his own guests and bragging about “getting rid of them finally” what kind of man says that? I only had a couple of interactions with him just to know the kind of person he is. Used to see a girl run around at night getting things done and have actually heard her crying in the back a couple times when I go to get snacks from the vending machines at night. I always see her and it worries me. I’ve stayed at other hotels and they’re pretty well staffed except for this one. My business in the area is almost over so hopefully I can stay clear from this place and let my company know to send me over to the Holiday Inn Express in Newington when I’m in the area again.

Date of stay: May 2021