Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$146
Hotels.comUS$146
HIExpress.comUS$146
TravelocityUS$146
Agoda.comUS$146
PricelineUS$146
All reviews room was clean broad street hot breakfast shower head pillows microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2021

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Meriden, 2104 N. Broad Street
Meriden, CT 6450 US

Always a great place to stay while in the Hartford Connecticut area. The service from Nicholas Gosselin, General Manager and especially Parnell Richardson was exceptional. Would strongly recommend this hotel for the rooms, pricing and comfort. Also outstanding breakfast selection each and every day

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Fields J
Rekha Patel, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2022

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a five-star review! We take pride in knowing our customers are happy with their experience at our hotel. We also appreciate the positive accolades gave to our staff. Thanks for your support,we really appreciate it!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Management

Reviewed 9 July 2021

We booked this with friends. We needed two rooms for the 4 of us. The property is isolated from most conveniences. A 15 minute drive can get you most places. The room we were in had a strange smell, like tobacco and cinnamon. The A/C unit made such a terrible noise and was not efficient. The bathroom was ok, but the tub was obviously one of those cheap overlay ones because it made a terrible creaking noise when stepped into. The shower head had such pathetic water pressure. I could see all the limescale build up on it. The good points were mostly friendly staff, parking availability and the to go breakfast options. While the hot breakfast was adequate it was nothing to write home about. This property really needs some refurbishments.

Date of stay: July 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2021

Hello Millisent32,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We're determined to provide guests with a pleasant lodging experience at all times, and I am sorry to learn that the condition of some in-room amenities fell below expectations. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I am positive that the measures that will be taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed 17 June 2021 via mobile

We booked this room for a week. It was NEVER cleaned. We took out our own trash on 2 occasions, only received clean towels by going to the front desk. There was a Keurig but no coffee , we ran out of toilet paper and conditioner- but when no one cleans your room, how would anyone know? Between my husband and I we made 4 trips to the front desk and were told on one occasion that “when the hotel is full we don’t have enough towels to go around! “Notes for the housekeeping staff and manager were left by the two women who covered some nights- they were embarrassed but little they could do except report and clearly we got no response. While when we checked in everything was clean and the room was very nice that ended our positive experience. A shame really- we regularly travel to CT and would love to find a “go to” place to stay. This was not it.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rocking01
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2021

Hello Rocking01,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're determined to provide guests with a complete yet safe lodging experience. I am sorry to learn about your disappointment with the housekeeping services. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, as a reference for the improvement of the services offered. I trust that the steps that will be taken will improve your next visit with us. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed 23 May 2021

I usually stay pretty frequent for business and leave during the day for meetings and can sometimes hear the GM talk smack about his own employees to his own guests and bragging about “getting rid of them finally” what kind of man says that? I only had a couple of interactions with him just to know the kind of person he is. Used to see a girl run around at night getting things done and have actually heard her crying in the back a couple times when I go to get snacks from the vending machines at night. I always see her and it worries me. I’ve stayed at other hotels and they’re pretty well staffed except for this one. My business in the area is almost over so hopefully I can stay clear from this place and let my company know to send me over to the Holiday Inn Express in Newington when I’m in the area again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank IHopeYouGetFired
Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

I’ve been an IHG member for two years. My husband and I stayed here using points to take a breather on an 8 hour drive from the Jersey Shore to our home.

I should have known something would go wrong when we tried to check in - there was a couple in front of us telling the clerk their TV didn’t work. She didn’t believe them EVEN AFTER THEY SHOWED HER A PICTURE.

Our room was nice - sizable and clean. Room was quiet.

We went to check out in the morning. My husband went to the lobby to grab breakfast while I got dressed. He said in 10 minutes, all he heard were complaints - rooms that smell like drugs, broken furniture, dirty sheets, etc.

We checked out and went to our vehicle to find that it was broken into on Holiday Inn property with approximately $5000 worth of property stolen. THERE ARE NO CAMERAS ON THE PROPERTY.

NEVER STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandaleigh87
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Hi mandaleigh87,

Thanks for your review and for staying with us. We aim to provide efficient and frictionless experiences for guests on the move. I am sorry to ear about the issues you encountered during your stay. I would like to follow up on your experience and have sent you a private message to obtain additional info.

Again, thanks for your feedback. I look forward to your response and being of further assistance.

Connie D