“Grand Pequot Tower Review”
Review of Grand Pequot Tower

Grand Pequot Tower
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We have stayed at the Grand Pequot twice and have been very pleased both times. Check in can be somewhat lengthy, but there's no way around this. The rooms are spacious and certainly much larger than an average size hotel room. The rooms have a refrigerator, we took our own beverages to cut down on cost. That's something that I really appreciate.

The bathroom is also large. The water pressure in the tub was strong, but when the shower was on it was quite week! That was really the only thing disappointing about the room itself.

We were charged $10 resort fee for the privilege of using the pool. I don't know if that is standard or just charged when you get a discounted room rate. In any event we did use the pool. It was nice! Two hot tubs, and a very warm pool. The pool area was spacious. Adult swim time is 6-9PM. There were kids there after 6, apparently their parents thought that leaving their kids at the pool while they went off to gamble was a good idea!!! HELLO!!!!! Anyway, I should have complained to the staff earlier about them, also the staff should have actually taken a look in the pool area to make sure all was well much earlier than they did. Life was better once they were shown the door. (We saw those same 3 kids running through the lobby areas unattended about 10:00 that night. Maybe there should be parenting IQ test given before you can check in with kids in tow!)

We ate at David Burks Prime. Very good steak, very good service, but also very pricey!!

We would definitely go back again.

4  Thank dcaiani

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Went to Foxwoods for my fifteenth birthday, The room we got at the tower was beautiful roomy and clean! Mattress on bed comfortable.I requested room by pool area. Pool area beautiful all enclosed in atrium. 2 hot tubs to!Very clean! Plenty of coffee!Although i would recommend valet parking. Little walk and could be little confusing to find if parked underground garage.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

my husband and I really enjoy Foxwoods, and often spend the night at MGM...we don't have a lot of spare time and we call our overnight stay our mini vacation. The beds are comfortable, showers are great, rooms are clean and we are just an elevator ride from the casino. We play the slots, enjoy a nice meal at one of many restaurants and just have some fun. We have never had a bad experience and even tho we usually go home with an empty wallet, we can hardly wait to go back.

Room Tip: lovely views from the higher floors, very peaceful
3  Thank zoesmom65
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at the grand Pequot tower recently for a 1 night stay. It had been a number if years since we had visited. I received a great rate with my players club. We have a annual couples getaway and had 3 rooms this visit. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful and welcoming. The agent that checked us in was friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and well appointed. I also enjoyed the large bathroom. We stayed only 1 night. The morning of our departure I showered and the shower was broken. The water came out of both the shower head and the tub faucet full force also the tub did not drain. The tub was nearly full when I was finished. I called the front desk and let them know there was a problem the agent that I spoke to said she would notify maintence and management. The other problem I had with the room was as I was packing my bag we noticed a bug crawling across the carpet. At check out I explained our situation to the desk agent. After discussing our issues with him he stated he would credit back $100 and thanked us for letting him know about the issues in our room and handed me my receipt. Upon reviewing our receipt I noticed there was no credit, I asked for further explanation and he explained that he was crediting back the 100 authorization that was run on my credit card at check in for incidentals which I would have gotten back anyway since we had not used any incidentals. At this point I asked to speak to a manager. The manger came over and I explained the problem again. He told me he had to have maintence and housekeeping verify that the rooms had issues before he could make any kind of adjustment . I wouldn't have cared about a adjustment however the other agent had said we were getting one. The manager did not call us back all day. I finally called and he told me he had been to busy to follow up with me. He said they had verified that the shower did not work properly but could not find the bug in the room. He did give us a adjustment on our bill after all this which I appreciated, however I still felt the service I received was poor. I also felt that nobody I spoke with cared about my concerns. It was a bad end to a otherwise wonderful night. In the future we will bring our couples getaway to Mohegan sun.

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank disneyworldtraveler
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great hotel, fantastic view, clean and quite. This hotel and MGM have the best beds I've seen in a hotel. I liked this better than MGM probably because it is closer to the casino, as they are similar. No problems at all, and I would probably stay here again. However, I believe that its very expensive. If you don't have points in your dream card where you can stay for free, then expect to pay around 180-220 dollars per night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Evropi C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
0.4 km away
0.9 km away
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!